Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default How to get a hold of information on a building

I'm looking for information on 1520 Woodward, downtown. I know it used to be a Lane Bryant. Where can I go to get information on the owner, if any, or any basic facts? Does the City have a building department or something? Perhaps someone here knows anything?
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; February-24-10 at 06:41 PM.

According to the Wayne County Treasurer, the City of Detroit DDA owns it.

Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
    Ok perhaps a stupid question, is that the same thing as the DEGC? Or is it something completely different? I know that usually DDA means Downtown Development Authority, but when I type that into Google I get the DEGC.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Ok perhaps a stupid question, is that the same thing as the DEGC? Or is it something completely different? I know that usually DDA means Downtown Development Authority, but when I type that into Google I get the DEGC.
    Basically yes, they are interelated parts of a private/public organization.

See dtowncitylover--Detroityes is your best place to get information on a building.

Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
    Where did you find the information? I went on the DECG website and they don't have it listed.

In the book, 20th Century Retailing in Downtown Detroit it has the building being listed as 1514 Woodward Ave., does anyone know why this is now 1520 Woodward?

like everything at Lane Byrant, it went up a size.

*snicker* Gnome...

haha gnome, very funny. On the side of the building there's a ghost sign. One can very clearly read from the list of what they offer:

CHUBBY GIRLS

I have a pic of the sign, but I can't get the upload thing to work.

Bump.