Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Kilpatrick must live lavishly, his lawyer says

And I thought I have heard just about every trial lawyer load of bullshit ever!

Another Kilpatrick thread?

The guy is trash but there is already enough threads on that loser.

I need his lawyer.

Hey, Mama say he be the Chosen One, and ain't no Chosen One gonna live in a fleabag. So there.

Jail will be close enough.

Hmmm... KK has a high power job therefore he has to have a lavish lifestyle. So with that sort of logic, since some people have difficult jobs we need to live in sub-standard housing?

What utter nonsense!

Seriously for people who deal with vendors and salespeople- do you guys really care what lifestyle the salesperson lives? If he/she shows up, is professional in appearance, attentive and can deliver the goods or services... who cares?

Saw on the FOX 2 11 am news...

I think it's hilarious. Sad, but hilarious. It's too bad that the citizens of Detroit can't sell the movie rights to the KMK show.

i need to live lavishly. Anyone care to represent me?

I could say that was the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, but it is really just the latest in a list of ridiculous and outrageous things that either KK or his lawyers spew. It is people like those lawyers who feed and reinforce the idea that KK is better than everyone and that the rules the rest of us try to live by do not apply to his fat ass. But at least the lawyers are getting paid to say that stuff....maybe they don't really beleive it. I don't understand and it doesn't explain the people who still beleive in him, would vote for him again, would contribute money to help him, etc. Makes me want to up-chuck my lunch.

Can anyone provide a little context for the lawyers comments?

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    Can anyone provide a little context for the lawyers comments?
    http://www.freep.com/article/2010022.../2240303/1318/

These are my favorite quotes from the motion filed by Daniel Hajji:
    "Detroit is being revictimized, and this time, the trial court and the prosecution are lending a hand."
    Really, bringing Kwame to court for a probation-violation hearing is causing the city to be revictimized? Well, that's surely a different take on it.
    "The trial court appears to infer that it wants Mr. Kilpatrick to live a middle-class existence, when such an existence is inconsistent with earning a sufficient amount to fulfill his restitution obligation."
    How awful that Kwame feels he is being sentenced to the dreaded middle-class existence. Does his privileged ass realize how many people would be so pleased to have a middle-class existence? I understand the point about needing to earn the big bucks in order to be able to pay the restitution, but earning the big bucks does not translate to living large when you have a million-dollar debt to pay.

He should just go move in with him mom until the Feds put him and Carlita in the real "big house."

"The trial court appears to infer that it wants Mr. Kilpatrick to live a middle-class existence, when such an existence is inconsistent with earning a sufficient amount to fulfill his restitution obligation."
    Spot-on. Kwame should be leading a POVERTY-LEVEL existence until he fulfills his restitution obligation.

Put him in a lavish black and white stripe outfit, or blue and orange and send him out to do some work for the first time in his life. Let him feel the chains of the chain gang people, might be enlightening for him. He could be chosen and special, get on the short bus.

This just gets more bizarre by the minute. My father was a salesman his entire life. He didn't have to live an upper-class existence to sell multi-million dollar machinery to the automotive industry. He wined and dined the President and VP's of many companies without ever living among them. Yes, he had a nice middle class house...middle class car and a few nice suits. That's it! Give me a f**** break...these people are delusional!

Here are a few more gems from Hajji's motion:

• "This case had already become a farce, yet here the prosecution adds another layer of absurdity."

• "Viewpoints seem to vary concerning the situation, yet there are distinct divisions along racial lines. This is not good for the City of Detroit." Yes, because everyone knows Kwame has always tried to unite the races, and never played up any racial divide to his advantage.

• "...the trial court and the prosecution do not seem to be concerned with getting the restitution paid...The trial court also disapproves of the assistance provided by friends and supporters of the Kilpatrick family." No, the court disapproves of the financial assistance not being disclosed to the court.

• "Yes, Mr. Kilpatrick has expended considerable sums to keep up appearances. However, the clientele he must establish a rapport with are likely to be the privileged and the affluent…he is going to have to cater to sophisticated clients…If the trial court really wants the restitution paid, it should exercise a little common sense and at least try not to spoil any possible deals.”

• “And the assets were not hidden…Basically all the alleged hidden assets were in his wife’s name. Why? Because they were his wife’s. They were not hidden, they just had not been disclosed to the court’s satisfaction. Mr. Kilpatrick had explained that he had asked his wife about her finances. The essence of his testimony regarding those conversations was that she told him she was not giving him that information, conversation over…She never wanted to be involved, still doesn’t want to be involved.” [bolded by Hajji]

• “The hearings even disclosed that Mrs. Kilpatrick had an elective surgical procedure…and may have had some additional plastic surgery. This is more than undersigned counsel really cares to know about Mrs. Kilpatrick’s personal issues. While this may be appropriate fodder for tabloids, its significance is trivial in relationship to the magnitude of the restitution obligation in this case.”

• “Moreover, the alleged hidden money was given specifically to her and the children…Even though the trial court seems to blatantly ignore her rights in this matter, she probably is not going to turn over any of her assets, nor is she going to use gifts specifically given to her to pay Mr. Kilpatrick’s restitution. She still sends her children to summer camp, she still tithes, donates to charities and carries on with as much dignity as she can.” [bolded by Hajji]

• “…this appeal is primarily about the rights and dignity of his wife and children. What must he do to protect them? Must he go to the extremes of a separation or even a divorce?”

• “This appeal is also about a trial judge standing the law on its head, and making a mockery of the justice system.”

• “It should come as no surprise to the City of Detroit if Mr. Kilpatrick loses his job as a result of the scrutiny in this matter…the trial court does not want him to have sufficient financial resources to be able to work the crowd so to speak…”
    Hajji's 13-page motion and prosecutor's reply can be found at this link [[under Related Content): http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...is_a_dark.html

It should come as no surprise to the City of Detroit if Mr. Kilpatrick loses his job as a result of the scrutiny in this matter…
    It really should not come as any surprise to anyone. Karmanos said if anything else happens he would get rid of Kwame and barring the feds issueing warrants in regards to their investigation I surely don't know what Karmanos could be waiting for.

If Hajji's name wasn't attached to the motion, I would have sworn it was written by Sharon Mcphale. It has the same tone and nonsensical arguements as the responses she sent to the Govenor during the forfiture saga.

Kwame will be getting free room and board soon. Your Federal taxes will help pay it!

Quote Originally Posted by leland_palmer View Post
    If Hajji's name wasn't attached to the motion, I would have sworn it was written by Sharon Mcphale. It has the same tone and nonsensical arguements as the responses she sent to the Govenor during the forfiture saga.
    I would have to agree with you on that point, I actually had the same outrage as when I read some of the cr@p McFail had written. Only thing this really gave me a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideron View Post
    This is why there should not have been any deal on restitution, and he should have simply been locked up for good.
    I would also have to agree with this. Except the deal was originally what HE agreed to. It was a PLEA agreement that he accepted. Really we won't have worry about him being locked up for good soon, I think the Feds are going to be taking care of that soon enough

One has to wonder how much longer ol' Peter Karmanos wants to keep KK in his employ. I wonder what the work scenario for the fat man is like. Can you imagine what the water cooler buzz around the Covisnt offices must be like? How would you like to share a cubicle with Kwame [[not that it could accommodate another person, the big man himself and his ego)?

And let's just say he were to get canned- does this nullify the argument for KK to have a lavish lifestyle?

Are the 35K in money orders taxable income?

Interesting twist suggested by Charlie Langton. The judge could set KK's bond as the balance that he owes on the $79k. If he can't raise the money, he's stuck in jail. I'm not sure if he would only have to pay 10% which would = only about $4,000. It would be sweet irony if he didn't have the money to post bond.

One interesting rumor that I heard on Mildred this am. Someone was going around senior housings buildings asking people to donate. If they could shake down a senior for as little as five bucks, they would take the five and stick another $1000 in the envelope and just use the seniors name for the donation. Smells like another count of money laundering.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast