Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default congrats City Bird!

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...-Cass-Corridor

Congrats on a very positive article. For those who don't know CityBird is owned by a fellow forum member, and I can attest to their unique Detroit-themed gifts and funky object d'art. Stop in, they have a good vibe there.

and I thought the Detroit "city bird" was the wrecking crane........

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    and I thought the Detroit "city bird" was the wrecking crane........
    Oh, look...

Attachment 5267

City Bird's one of many great recent additions to Detroit:

To further their belief that the city is increasingly attracting young people like themselves, the Linns point to at least a dozen new businesses opened up in the past few years including Supino's Pizza, Leopold's Bookstore, P.J.'s Lager House, The Wheelhouse [[bike rentals), Burton Theater [[art films), Good Girls Go to Paris [[crepes and coffee), Woodbridge Pub, Hugh [[a men's store), Le Petit Zinc [[French restaurant), The Hub [[ bikes), Slows Bar B Q, Curl Up and Dye [[hair salon), Cliff Bell's [[jazz club), Sole Sisters [[shoes), People's Records, the Detroit Welcome Center, Rachel's Place [[clothing), Shangri-La [[restaurant), Hello Records, The Lot [[outdoor art gallery) and Canine to Five [[dog day care).

i was there the week it opened. i bought some stuff. i need to go back there again. great store. i hope to see more like it soon.

many congrats to Andy & Emily for the press!