Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 7000 years older than the Great Pyramids!

I just read this Newsweek story and thought of you fine people.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/233844

We really don't have a clue what lies beneath our feet...I'm so happy there are people out there digging for the answers.

They call it potbelly hill, after the soft, round contour of this final lookout in southeastern Turkey. To the north are forested mountains. East of the hill lies the biblical plain of Harran, and to the south is the Syrian border, visible 20 miles away, pointing toward the ancient lands of Mesopotamia and the Fertile Crescent, the region that gave rise to human civilization. And under our feet, according to archeologist Klaus Schmidt, are the stones that mark the spot—the exact spot—where humans began that ascent.

Standing on the hill at dawn, overseeing a team of 40 Kurdish diggers, the German-born archeologist waves a hand over his discovery here, a revolution in the story of human origins. Schmidt has uncovered a vast and beautiful temple complex, a structure so ancient that it may be the very first thing human beings ever built. The site isn't just old, it redefines old: the temple was built 11,500 years ago—a staggering 7,000 years before the Great Pyramid, and more than 6,000 years before Stonehenge first took shape. The ruins are so early that they predate villages, pottery, domesticated animals, and even agriculture—the first embers of civilization. In fact, Schmidt thinks the temple itself, built after the end of the last Ice Age by hunter-gatherers, became that ember—the spark that launched mankind toward farming, urban life, and all that followed.

Impossible! Everyone knows the earth was created 6000 years ago. This is just more propaganda from the liberal media.

This goes on to prove Fred and Wilma did exist....

7000 years, this really blows my mind, me an overfed longhaired hippie freak!

Don't tell this to Kirk Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by qweek View Post
    7000 years, this really blows my mind, me an overfed longhaired hippie freak!
    I thought it was an overfed, long-haired leaping gnome.
    Not that I want to steal Gnome's thunder here.

Quote Originally Posted by MoparDan View Post
    I thought it was an overfed, long-haired leaping gnome.
    Not that I want to steal Gnome's thunder here.
    Ha, you are right! Still, I'm more of a hippie than a gnome!
    Last edited by qweek; February-22-10 at 06:48 AM.

Probably aliens!

Satan buried that temple underground to confuse us and test our faith in a literal interpretation of the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Satan buried that temple underground to confuse us and test our faith in a literal interpretation of the Bible.
    SAtan? I thought it was God that did the hiding and the testing, that wascally wabbit.

Default Satan pullease?

Does satan have really dark skin, so dark you cant see the 666 tattoos on his forearms?

Here's what the site looks like in Google Earth at 37°13'22.81"N 38°55'20.51"E:

[[More surrounding terrain was cropped.)
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-10-10 at 12:03 PM.

A Smithsonian article from 2008: Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?