Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Paging Bigb23, et al, Tpone

Paging, Bigb23, et al. Tponetom.

Thank you for your generous comments on my posts. There have been a surprising number of other members who have also made me smile with their responses. I won’t mention their names in this post for fear of omitting some of them.
    My dementia is not feigned. It is a prominent and irresistible adversary that I do combat with from early morning, to late evening.
    It is all consuming. When I speak, spontaneously, I grab and grapple with simple words that I know so well, but they evade my attempts at discovery and presentation, until 3:00 in the morning.
    The advent of the “Word Processor,” in my case, “Word Perfect,” gave me a second life in the forum of communication. I now employ the luxury of ‘pause’ and ‘thought’ to get the right word, phrase, sentence and idea, across to whom ever reads it. And thank goodness for the ‘spell check’ and the ‘grammar’ check, not to mention my prolific library of dictionaries, almanacs, thesaurus, and encyclopedias.
    My High School English instructor once admonished me to not be disappointed if only a very few of the audience approved of my speech oressay. He said, “If you only reached one
    person out of a thousand, keep going after the other 999. He was so right!
    My stories go back 60 years or so and I have to revise, edit, and modernize them to some extent to make them readable.
    Presently, I have five unfinished stories that I began some time ago and I am trying to tie them together into one cogent theme.
    Working titles:
    ‘Running the Gauntlet.’
    ‘Gratiot Avenue, Promiscuous.’
    ‘We Had It All’
    ‘Tom Wolfe.’
    ‘Death and Dad’

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Hi Tpone,

I'm glad to see your name here again. You may have been around and I just haven't seen you. I don't read or post as much since the change.

Will you be posting any new stories soon? I hope so. I'll be waiting. Thanks for being here, K

Hi, Tponetom! I am so glad to see you here. If you are serious about the dementia, you have both my sympathy and my sincere admiration for fighting this formidable foe so effectively. You are showing us up and coming elders the way. I pray for you, that you will retain your joy in life and your skill in communication for many many more years. Illegitimi non carborundum.

T:
    I am looking forward to your future contributions, especially "We Had It All" and "Gratiot Avenue, Promiscuous".
    Do you have family who are aware of your writings?

Tpone, As you know, you have touched many of us with your presence! I love to go back in time with you in your stories,
    I somehow wish we could also go back in time to the previous forum?
    Like Kathi, I don't read or post as much since the change either?
    and the only reason I can come up with is,,,I just don't like change? I prefer "Steady as she Goes",, except for in the case of our Country's Leaders! Change was welcomed there.

But things do change, and the end result of change have been wonderful for your writings, It wouldn't be as fun to remember when, if 'when' was the same as now?

Thank You Tpone and Peggy, for being a part of DYes! Hope that never changes!