Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

lilpup Guest

Default Miss having CBC coverage for the Olympics?

The what?

I haven't watched the Olympics in decades, but the last time I enjoyed them was the 1976 Montreal games when I could watch them on CBC.

About 1% as annoying as watching them on NBC, although they showed all the heats with Canadians in them, mostly losing horribly.

Just last week my brother was bemoaning the fact that his satellite television provider doesn't include CTV.

We are lucky to have CTV in our cable lineup in South Lyon, and I couldn't agree more that NBC does a bad job with the Olympics. Bad grammar, overused metaphors and modifiers, mixed metaphors, purple prose, you name it.

Most disagreeable is the pervasive notion that gold is the only medal worth winning, and a fourth place finish is cause for dejection.

Default No CBC Olympics Coverage

Most of the time, I've been watching that on new NBC Universal Sports that we got. Other than that, I missed seeing most of the Olympics from the Canadian neighbors.

Bob Kostas? UGH.

Did this Olympics seem more like Jerry Springer than about the athletes competing or WHAT? I know there was some intense competition going on, but why did NBC have to focus on what the people were saying about one another as opposed to the competition itself?

Closing ceremony? Why did NBC cut away to Seinfeld like that?