Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Mista Alan Guest

Default Fox 2's "Let It Rip" Is TV At Its Worst

What is the deal with this thing? Everytime I watch it, it turns into a 15-minute shouting match, a race war, and a circus. Charlie Langton dancing around like a leprechaun. Adolph Mongo, Sam Riddle and Monica Conyers calling everyone a racist. It's not a "discussion." It a fight. I for one have had enough of it.

Ravine Guest

Well, if you change your mind, there is a thread on the very subject already underway just a few shakes of a lamb's tail below yours.

2blocksaway Guest

Actually this is TV at its finest but politicans at thier worst.

Lorax Guest

FOX: Only one vowel movement away from what it really does to the news.

Sorry, just turn it off. Anything with the Fox brand attached is mired in right wing repugnican filth from that smarmy ass Rupert Murdoch. He owns the Murdoch Street Journal, and hundreds of radio and tv stations nationwide, thanks to handouts of our airways by the Bush crowd.

detroitchef Guest

Dude,
    If it bothers you that much, just don't watch it.

"Adolph Mongo"

Mongo? Wasn't that the character played by Alex Karras in "Blazing Saddles"? Sure it was!

It's nothing more than a modern day minstrel show or Amos and Andy, and Fox knows it. The people featured on the show are in positions of government that demand a serious approach to serious problems, and yet here they are getting loudmouthed and spouting their idiocy for the entertainment of the viewing public, embarrasing their more upstanding and more civil associates. Like Detroit's version of the Jerry Springer Show, just way sadder.

I think it's great because it lets people see the clowns we have in charge. So many sheeple don't realize how poor our regional leadership really is, how little vision, how little professionalism.

Mista Alan Guest

There's no discussion on "Let It Rip." There's not even "debate." The segment always, and quickly turns into a shouting match, and give a forum to some of Detroit's craziest.

Heck, they had to edit out the truly ridiculous portion of the last segment on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitchef View Post
    Dude,
    If it bothers you that much, just don't watch it.
    Good advice.

Fox 2 at it's best. The only thing Let it rip is doing is dividing this state more than it already is. It's negative,it makes people angry and it draws ratings. That's why they bring the same guess back. Do you see the same kind of jouralism on Sunday's meet the press? NO and Huel Perkins sorry excuse for a host should know better. You can call it Let it rip but stay tuned for the next eposoide of the Jerry Springer show. UNTIL NEXT TIME

Remember---Jerry Springer was both a serious minded politician and a member of the TV News profession before his show took off.....

His show was actually serious when it first started. It was on the verge of cancellation when they shifted topics.....
    Last edited by rooms222; April-20-09 at 01:35 PM.

Retroit Guest

Well, I'll repeat what I said on the other thread [[doesn't anyone take a quick read through before starting a repeat thread? We've been getting a lot of these lately):

Don't blame Channel 2, or Fox, or Huel. It is the GUESTS who are making asses of THEMSELVES! I am grateful that Channel 2 is willing to provide the forum for our supposed "leaders" to speak openly and unprepared to the public.

I still think Fox is culpable for exploiting the "colorful" discourse of its guests with this show. Just consider the fact that they gave it the name "Let It Rip" and it's obvious they didn't produce the show for the noble purpose of providing a forum for city leaders to discuss issues.

Its a simple formula.

Pick guest that are polarising, pick lightning rod topics to talk about, watch the ratings go though the roof.

Success. Sit back and collect all the ad dollars.

Mista Alan Guest

Mongo, Riddle and Conyers ALONE would be explosive. Together? Look out. It's a far too obvious attempt at getting people fighting and clawing.

People love to watch train wrecks live on camera. Don't believe it? Just watch any of the stupid reality shows.