Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit bars with pinball machines?

Looking for places to play pinball in the city. I'm pretty sure Jumbo's has a Soprano's game and the Detroit Pub has one too. Honest John's used to when they were near Belle Isle. Any other places I should check out? Thanks in advance. I probably should just break down and buy my own ...

Jumbo's Bar has one or two.

I've got four in my basement. My wife hates them.

Off topic but I have a limited edition Black Knight in my basement. I am not in the city though.

Bronx Bar on 2nd Ave

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Golick View Post
    I've got four in my basement. My wife hates them.
    Why is it that husbands possessions and pastimes always end up in the basement?

Suburban bars are loaded with them.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Because the dog house is too small? Speaking from experience.......

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Because we menfolk are still kids at heart. And since little kids aren't allowed to leave their toys out in the open when company comes over, it's got to go somewhere!

As a very young kid, my Dad had one in our basement. I remember it, but my Dad gave it away. My older siblings never quite forgave him for that.

I'll take one of those pins off your hands, Ed! Consider it as a belated Valentine's for your wife. I have some coin op arcade games, occasionally there's an auction at the State Fair Grounds where you can find some deals on all sorts of coin-ops, pinballs included. PM if anyone wants to ever ditch something relatively cheap .

I know Jumbos usually has a working machine. The Detroiter had an Elvis machine but I'm not sure if they still have it. Danny's in Ferndale has a, I think, Spider Man machine. They've got a nice lil niche built out that is made for pinball n' drinkin'. Corktown Tavern usually has something but I haven't been in there for a lil while.

Just an FYI, there are now two mint condition pins on location at Ye Olde Saloon in Royal Oak. No Fear and Junkyard, both in pristine condition. Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    Bronx Bar on 2nd Ave
    It's been gone for awhile.

Circa 1890 wayne state

Retroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jqls View Post
    Circa 1890 wayne state
    WSU has always been ahead of the times.

Just moved out here from Portland & would love to do what I can to revitalize the pinball scene in Detroit. I just started a Google Map for the different locations around the Detroit area.

Please add any machines that you know! Please correct any mistakes that you find!

The first step in rebuilding the pinball scene is letting people know where they can actually play the game. Any and all help is appreciated. I hope to see this project grow.

Detroit Pinball Map [[Just click the EDIT button near the name of the map to make changes.)
    Last edited by rob.detroit; July-27-10 at 04:04 PM.

Rob, there is almost nothing on that map. Try Marvin's in Farmington Hills.

Yeah, I just got into town & haven't been able to scout any locations besides Ye Olde Saloon. I plan on adding more places once I can get around town. I didn't want to add Marvin's to the map yet because I don't know which machines he has in his museum.

I'm trying to get something started & am hoping for others to contribute to the map. I don't know the area well & would definitely benefit from others adding to the map.

It seems like there's enough interest for a pinball map of the area, but it requires the help of a good group of people to get it started and keep it sustained.

Update: finally got about 65 machines on a pinball map, mostly around the Detroit area. Once again, feel free to make any corrections or add any machines.

Michigan Pinball Map

Tilt Town in Novi currently has 65+ pinball
    and other coin operated games. Web site is
    http://www.detroitpinball.com

The Michigan Pinball Expo [[http://www.mipinball.com/) will have 200 plus pinball machines and classic vids this year, plus vendors, speakers, seminars, and some celebrity tournaments. April 14th - 17th at Oakland University, Rochester, MI. We are also giving away a brand new in box pinball machine from Stern Pinball if you play in Pinbrawl X. No need to be a pinball wizard, it's a raffle based give-away. Create a team and play!