Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Teabagger Calls For Hanging of WA Senator

How can people take these clowns seriously? Of coarse, she claims her words were "taken out of context", which seems to be the SOP of the fringe right when they are called out. The funny thing is she was caught in a lie when the taped comments were reviewed.

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=AgsGVMFAhb...y_hang_senator

These are some very sick people.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    How can people take these clowns seriously? Of coarse, she claims her words were "taken out of context", which seems to be the SOP of the fringe right when they are called out. The funny thing is she was caught in a lie when the taped comments were reviewed.

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=AgsGVMFAhb...y_hang_senator

list some racist Joe Biden quotes.
    nutbags are all over the place.
    pot meet kettle

Raise your hand if you're surprised that Papasito is defending this twit.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."
    Sinclair Lewis

Metaphorically calling for hanging a Senator is one thing, actually killing or trying to kill is another. In the last week, we have had a fervant Obama supporter shoot three people and a Karl Marx quoting guy who was disgruntled about the lack of government health care fly his plane into a building. Had the tea party organizer actually hung her Senator, then she would have been in the same category as these other two. I realize that Obama and Karl Marx had little or nothing to do with those violent acts but the Tea Party connotation led to no hanging. There is a difference.

If you want to read equivalent nonsense from the left, go to democratic underground and read some of the threads. It isn't quite as vile now that Bush and Cheney are no longer in office, but you still need a shower after visiting. It is the left version of free republic.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Metaphorically calling for hanging a Senator is one thing, actually killing or trying to kill is another. In the last week, we have had a fervant Obama supporter shoot three people and a Karl Marx quoting guy who was disgruntled about the lack of government health care fly his plane into a building. Had the tea party organizer actually hung her Senator, then she would have been in the same category as these other two. I realize that Obama and Karl Marx had little or nothing to do with those violent acts but the Tea Party connotation led to no hanging. There is a difference.
    More like a mob mentality, however still can be dangerous. The KKK many times just rode around and intimidated people under their white robes, didn't lynch anybody. These people are tying to do the same thing, their white sheet are claims they are average americans that want to take there country back. Back from whom ? They didn't have it [[ or want it) when Bush was in office, what makes them think they are going to "get it back" now. The teabaggers give frustrated white people a chance to vent, that to me is the only legimate purpose that organization serves, and you know what ? Every group needs an outlet so I guess thats not so bad, but lets call it what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    More like a mob mentality, however still can be dangerous. The KKK many times just rode around and intimidated people under their white robes, didn't lynch anybody. These people are tying to do the same thing, their white sheet are claims they are average americans that want to take there country back. Back from whom ? They didn't have it [[ or want it) when Bush was in office, what makes them think they are going to "get it back" now. The teabaggers give frustrated white people a chance to vent, that to me is the only legimate purpose that organization serves, and you know what ? Every group needs an outlet so I guess thats not so bad, but lets call it what it is.
    The fact remains that the political violence this week was caused by crazy individuals who adore Obama and spout Marx. No violence happened at the given tea party. No one was hung, shot, or emolated. There is no mention of the KKK in the article or Hitler/Nazis before you get to that. You are, in effect, metaphorically trying to hang some people by association with the KKK.

It is a shame that there wasn't more and similar outrage, as you suggest, to foreign and economic policies as well as attacks on liberty during the Bush administration. However, I am similarly disappointed that many who did oppose Bush for those policies and attended vocal peace rallies now embrace or are at least quiet about Obama expanding those same Bush policies; policies which will take away more liberty and lives than anything said at that tea party.

The fact remains that the political violence this week was caused by crazy individuals who adore Obama and spout Marx.
    where do you get that idea? the VAST majority of his diatribe was straight from the tea bag handbook, and like most of their tripe, it was disjointed and illogical. he only spouted marx to make the lame "capitalist manifesto"

I would love to drink whatever it is your drinking. whatching black turn white, up turn down must be a trip

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    where do you get that idea? the VAST majority of his diatribe was straight from the tea bag handbook, and like most of their tripe, it was disjointed and illogical. he only spouted marx to make the lame "capitalist manifesto"

I would love to drink whatever it is your drinking. whatching black turn white, up turn down must be a trip
    There's a tea bag handbook? I don't think my employer will allow me to go to that web site. And you're right, you could use a drink.

Bearinabox Guest

It sounds like you're suggesting, based on three recent hand-picked examples, that teabaggers have some kind of inherent moral superiority relative to Marxists and Obama supporters. I have to believe I'm misinterpreting you, because that is absolutely ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    It sounds like you're suggesting, based on three recent hand-picked examples, that teabaggers have some kind of inherent moral superiority relative to Marxists and Obama supporters. I have to believe I'm misinterpreting you, because that is absolutely ludicrous.
    The quote from the speech is a hand-picked example which caused no violence that I know of. I qualified references to the violent actors as being "crazed" and Obama and Marx having "little or nothing to do with their acts". You are correct; you must have missed my nuances in order to have misinterpreted what you read.

rb wrote, "where do you get that idea? the VAST majority of his diatribe was straight from the tea bag handbook, and like most of their tripe, it was disjointed and illogical. he only spouted marx to make the lame "capitalist manifesto""
    I didn't suggest the moral superiority of tea bag party participants. Quite the opposite. I mentioned that they failed to object to things started under Bush. What I was trying to get at was the feigned outrage about one person's diatribe compared with ignoring actual violence such as bombing Pakistan.

The fact is, this guy was lamenting the failure of our politicians to pass a health care bill, he attacked the Catholic Church, he expresses his anger about the injustices to the poor and working people regarding pensions, base closures without goverment support for the unemployed, class envy, he refers to Bush as a puppet but never referenced Obama, and ends his letter with "The communist creed: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need. The capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each according to his greed."

Ok, I'll admit he must not have believed in Hopeychangy enough to be a good Democrat but he didn't express a tea party message.

Class envy, support for a national health care system, expectations of government help for the poor, attacks on religion and Bush, and quoting Marx while dissing capitalism are not things "straight from the tea bag handbook" as you suggest.

What political violence? Did I miss something?

The fact remains that the political violence this week was caused by crazy individuals who adore Obama and spout Marx. No violence happened at the given tea party. No one was hung, shot, or emolated. There is no mention of the KKK in the article or Hitler/Nazis before you get to that. You are, in effect, metaphorically trying to hang some people by association with the KKK.

It is a shame that there wasn't more and similar outrage, as you suggest, to foreign and economic policies as well as attacks on liberty during the Bush administration. However, I am similarly disappointed that many who did oppose Bush for those policies and attended vocal peace rallies now embrace or are at least quiet about Obama expanding those same Bush policies; policies which will take away more liberty and lives than anything said at that tea party.

<http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/search/display.html?t... >
    TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 7 > § 115
    [[a)
    [[1) Whoever—
    [[B) threatens to assault, kidnap, or murder, a United States official, a United States judge, a Federal law enforcement officer, or an official whose killing would be a crime under such section,
    with intent to impede, intimidate, or interfere with such official, judge, or law enforcement officer while engaged in the performance of official duties, or with intent to retaliate against such official, judge, or law enforcement officer on account of the performance of official duties, shall be punished as provided in subsection [[b).
    [[b)
    [[4) A threat made in violation of this section shall be punished by a fine under this title or imprisonment for a term of not more than 10 years, or both, except that imprisonment for a threatened assault shall not exceed 6 years.
    [[c) As used in this section, the term—

[[4) “United States official†means the President, President-elect, Vice President, Vice President-elect, a Member of Congress, a member-elect of Congress, a member of the executive branch who is the head of a department listed in 5 U.S.C. 101, or the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency.

http://www.klewtv.com/news/84743992.html?video=pop&t=a

I doubt if Capps will be prosecuted, but the proof is on videotape, and I have read that she has been reported by several people to the FBI. I would never be stupid enough to publicly announce in front of a crowd, much less WHILE BEING RECORDED of my wish to hang any government official, no matter what I thought of them personally.

kooks come in all stripes. Here is a video of George W Bush being burned in effigy on the eve of Mr. Obama's swearing in.

and another, this time in Scottland

this is part of a film fictionizing gwb's assasination

getting your undies all in a bunch about some teabagging kook in Washington, is just plan old silly

still trying to find a legit news source for Amy Bishop's alleged Obama obssession. all of them seem to source it from ultra-right newsmax. not that it matters - one whacko vs. an organization full of them with major backing from bushie wing nuts.

The Tea Party movement does have a few good points such as our government being larger than we can afford it to be, limiting the powers of government, ect., [[and some farout ones too...) I think that if a nutbar says something stupid, then they should take the Mic from them and condemn them for thier stupid comment. It's the only way to legitimize a movement and not send it crashing down in flames.

I'm sure plenty of dumb things were said back in the VietNam era during the hippie movement on Microphones and Megaphones, but back then people weren't under such a critical microscope. These days if you dare to question authority, you have to have all your t's crossed and your i's dotted. Imagine the hippies having every dumb thing they said at a rally posted across the internet....
    Last edited by Papasito; February-19-10 at 04:43 PM.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/...76774#35476774
    Obama's going out to support Scary Harry....
    Maybe that's not a good idea, considering every politician he has come out personally to visit and support has lost. That's ok, though. Old Democrats like those dinosaurs Pelosi and Reed need replaced with younger, more energetic folks. So do some of the ancient Republican cronies, too. Old Washington needs to go!

Question authority or call for the hanging of a human being? You have a very fucked up idea about questioning authority. You are defending terrorism, Papasito. Shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    list some racist Joe Biden quotes.
    nutbags are all over the place.
    pot meet kettle

Give me a break....

so now every crime is going to be classified right or left wing ...and defended with vigor? Those who buy into watering the tree of liberty..need to really examine their hidden anger...while freedom of speech is important, it does come with levels of responsibility an dis open to scrutiny...

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    Question authority or call for the hanging of a human being? You have a very fucked up idea about questioning authority. You are defending terrorism, Papasito. Shame on you.
    Papasito was defending terrorism? Did she call on anyone to do anything? What were the words she used to implore the crowd to hang the good Senator? The end of the article makes reference to the tea party movement objecting to some Republicans too. Are we, from your perspective, at least allowed to question the authority of Republicans?

Flanders, The speaker could be accused of being imprudent for wishing for something bad [[a thought crime?). However, a prosecutor would have to convince a jury that publicly wishing for something was the same as publicly voicing an intent, promising to, or telling the crowd to hang a Senator. If that case could be made, you could be correct. The tea party speaker did not, however, do anything violent.

edited to add - Here is a case where a guy was was arrested for writing a poem seemingly fantisizing a sniper attack. It doesn't say that he had intent. Maybe he was arrested for good measure or to chill negative speech.
    A Kentucky man has been charged with posting a poem threatening President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama on a white supremacist Web site.
    Last edited by oladub; February-19-10 at 06:29 PM. Reason: inprudant.imprudent, add last para

if we link kids for reacting to violent video games why couldnt we link anger and some of these acts towards TEAparty speechs...and if there is a connection then it works both ways... I personally feel not enough research has been completed to confirm this...but then again this is how theories are formed.

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    if we link kids for reacting to violent video games why couldnt we link anger and some of these acts towards TEAparty speechs...and if there is a connection then it works both ways... I personally feel not enough research has been completed to confirm this...but then again this is how theories are formed.
    Although it appears that many if not most of these tea party attendees are elderly enough to be retired and have more than enough free time, [[which makes me question why they would risk their entitlements in the form of SS & Medicare to vote against their best interests??) this woman was using the growing influence and notoriety of a now nationwide movement to jokingly suggest performing an act of violence upon a government official, to disgruntled people who I consider to be gullible and impressionable adults, some of whom may not have all of their "ducks" lined up in a row....
    Last edited by Flanders; February-19-10 at 07:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast