Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Vinton Building foreclosed?

I found this listing on Google:
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ci...61681553&hl=en

Seems like a pretty damn good price if it's for the building I think it is...

Wasn't a sports figure behind the project when the announcements were made about condo conversion?

608 woodward appears to be just next to forans pub

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob View Post
    Wasn't a sports figure behind the project when the announcements were made about condo conversion?
    Former Lion, Robert Porcher

The link is not working...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    I found this listing on Google:
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ci...61681553&hl=en

Seems like a pretty damn good price if it's for the building I think it is...

Oh man! That would make a GREAT location for another pocket park!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    The link is not working...
    The link isn't working for me either.

The link worked last night, but it doesn't work now.

Yes, it's gone, it was a listing for a foreclosure at 608 Woodward for $435,000.

The Vinton address is 600, not 608. 608 is the former Eph McNally's location.

And I woudn't expect the Vinton parties to respond. They are too snakebitten by many previous false rumors and speculations.

Is Ephs still open? Has Forans already taken over?

Stromberg2

It's a great building, take a look.

gravitymachine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    The Vinton address is 600, not 608. 608 is the former Eph McNally's location.

And I woudn't expect the Vinton parties to respond. They are too snakebitten by many previous false rumors and speculations.
    is this tacit acknowledgment that people actually investing and doing things in the city avoid this messageboard, lest they be ambushed by a bunch of armchair urban planners and developers?
    Last edited by gravitymachine; February-18-10 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitymachine View Post
    is this tacit acknowledgment that people actually investing and doing things in the city avoid this messageboard, lest they be ambushed by a bunch of armchair urban planners and developers?
    If they can't take a little bit of criticism and the bullshit that goes on here at DY, they have no business being in business. I'm quite sure someone who plans to do a project anywhere is prepared to listen to speculation and second guessing. First, they'll never get worse than what city hall and various building departments will lay on them. Then they have to deals with the cops, or lack thereof. I don't believe DY'ers pose much threat to development in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    Is Ephs still open? Has Forans already taken over?

Stromberg2
    I was wondering the same thing? Does Forans serve lunch? My girlfriend and I plus a lot of out of state friends will be downtown for four days beginning next week for Autorama. I took some of the out of staters to Eph's last year and they loved it. I really don't want to go to Cobo Joe's or Jimmy John's. Have to find someplace new this year I guess.

Default Take them to Foran's [[Grand Trunk Pub)

Foran's [[Grand Trunk Pub) has great food and even better beer! My favorite spot downtown for sure.

The sooner the better these stalled projects go to foreclosure, so they can be bought cheap and move the projects along.

Quote Originally Posted by DLife View Post
    The sooner the better these stalled projects go to foreclosure, so they can be bought cheap and move the projects along.
    Yes, because speculators buying cheap always results in development - well, expect for the majority of the vacant buildings in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    If they can't take a little bit of criticism and the bullshit that goes on here at DY, they have no business being in business. I'm quite sure someone who plans to do a project anywhere is prepared to listen to speculation and second guessing. First, they'll never get worse than what city hall and various building departments will lay on them. Then they have to deals with the cops, or lack thereof. I don't believe DY'ers pose much threat to development in Detroit.
    Actually it's because this board is a waste of time. On that note, I have work tomorrow and should be sleeping.

Wasnt the Vinton project involving a group of "DetroitYES" members?

Toolbox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Wasnt the Vinton project involving a group of "DetroitYES" members?
    Back when real discussion took place here. A few developers I know have had posters constantly harassing them for info to post and when they would not provide propritary info were blasted here.
    Last edited by Toolbox; February-19-10 at 09:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Actually it's because this board is a waste of time. On that note, I have work tomorrow and should be sleeping.
    Well then don't fucking post on it then. I mean you have no problem advertising your photos here for free. Don't get me wrong because I like seeing your photos here.

The Vinton people had no problem posting here when everyone was kissing their asses saying how fucking great they were for finally fixing the building up. But as soon as a couple people started questioning a few things they got all self-riotous and were like "well if you don't invest the millions of dollars you don't have then shut up, we have money so we are better than you and your opinion doesn't matter". And then every time on other threads they attack people for not having knowledge about developing projects in Detroit by being very rude and condescending. Lowell may cal it snake-bitten I call it being an ass-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
    Back when real discussion took place here. A few developers I know have had poster constantly harassing them for info to post and when they would not provide propritary info were blasted here.
    Yeah a couple of posters [[not me BTW) out of several hundred. Just ignore the idiots and don't turn into pricks [[not you toolbox) about it.

Unfortunately most of the posts above are correct. From the arm-chair city planners, to the holier-than-thou attitudes of some. What a nice big dysfunctional family we have here.

Exactly GOAT.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast