Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default 2010 US Men's Olympic Team and Michigan

Michigan has given the most hockey players to the US Olympic Men's Hockey team.

There's 6. Kesler [[Livonia), Rafalski [[Dearborn), Jack Johnson [[Ann Arbor), Gleason [[Clawson), Miller [[East Lansing), and Thomas [[Flint).

Isn't that cool?

You might get the people in Davison a little upset saying Thomas was from Flint. But probably not to many of them on DYes anyways
    Look at all the Wings on other countries teams as well.

USA Hockey runs a development program in Ann Arbor. They recruit young players from across the country. They come to Ann Arbor to stay with local families, attend high school, receive special conditioning and training, and play a lot of junior hockey. I don't know if any of the players you cite were in that program, but Patrick Kane and erik Johnson are products of it.

It's interesting as I watch Olympic Men's Ice Hockey that THIS is what the NHL should be. It's fast skating, hard hitting, hard shooting and very very competitive. It's hardly chippy and I have yet to see fighting, clutching and grabbing- isn't this what the NHL could and should be? Gone are the goons that have permeated North American hockey and it really seems as though the elite players are getting a chance to play. And that's not to say it's all snipers on the ice- there are some amazingly talented checkers out there that can neutralize the other teams' guns too. I have yet to see any of the players crashing the net putting the goalies at risk too.

This is really what top notch world class hockey should be. I wish the Olympic Hockey style could translate into the NHL game.

End of the first period, Red Wings 2, Canada 1

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    End of the first period, Red Wings 2, Canada 1
    5-3 final, possibly one of the best games I have seen in the last 2-3 years. Epic

Great Game +1

Smogboy: Thought they crashed the net on Miller pretty hard tonight. He took it well and played outstanding this evening.

Canada stepped it up only when they had too, and unfortunately that is not enough to win Olympic Hockey games.

Well, I don't mind so much that Canada took the gold, but why did the winning o/t goal have to be scored by that f*****g Crosby?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Well, I don't mind so much that Canada took the gold, but why did the winning o/t goal have to be scored by that f*****g Crosby?
    My thoughts exactly... I really wanted the US to win though...