Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Google Street View

Just noticed today that the large areas of Detroit and Highland Park that were missing on the street view capability of Google Maps has now been completed. The new views appear to have been taken by the Google camera last summer.
    Last edited by Ray1936; February-14-10 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks for the information.

It also appears as if the older sections were 'redone' only at intersections. And it looks as if it is only a couple weeks after the bing maps streetview.

I like this one from the top of Whistler Mountain Better.
    http://jalopnik.com/5467665/how-did-...le-street-view

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Just noticed today that the large areas of Detroit and Highland Park that were missing on the street view capability of Google Maps has now been completed. The new views appear to have been taken by the Google camera last summer.
    The Google Maps of *my* joint @ 8200 Mack are like 3 years old

The side street shows a black dude with a bicycle tyre [tire] and tube?

Once only mapping?, why no updates? so that we can compare now and before

Google is too busy with Motorola and Kodak patents...

Cheers

No updates because Google probably figured there is no point of going down that street EVER again.

I had a few friends considering moving back and were looking to rent a house based off of Google Map pics. I volunteered to drive to the addresses and show them how it really looks on the blocks in question. All much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Well, since late November, I've noticed Google has uploaded newer images taken during 2011 to downtown Detroit, some areas of the city along the Detroit River and several streets in Ecorse, Grosse Pointe Park and River Rouge, also, they have uploaded 2012 images to the Windsor area! Those new views no longer have the Lafayette Building, but they did get the RenCen's new LED lights and they even drove into the Rosa Parks Transit Center! Soon, we might see more of the newer 2011-2012 images across the metro area and even throughout Michigan!