Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: RIP Doug Fieger

Wow, I had no idea that was Geoffrey Fieger's brother, but now that I know, I see the resemblance. I used to love The Knack too. RIP Doug and condolences to the family!

Damn it. Get The Knack was such an important album in my life. I still refuse to believe he was 57.

Quote Originally Posted by YouDummy View Post
    Damn it. Get The Knack was such an important album in my life. I still refuse to believe he was 57.
    Too old to die young but it sure seems like it. My condolences to his family too.

Sad to hear this. Certainly remember that summer when his band and his music were everywhere. In addition to his well-known brother, his late father was prominent civil rights attorney Bernard Fieger.

NPR has a pretty interesting look at Sharona, the woman who inspired the song.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=124397021

Way too many Cancer cases these days. Think its possible he ended up with the disease because of his past lifestyle? I remember listening to the radio back in the heyday of the The Knack when they were hailed as Americas Beatles and it was predicted they would have the same impact and influence in the music industry.