Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default KK in Full Weasel Mode

"Kilpatrick says he doesn’t have the money for $79,000 restitution payment, files motion to halt judge's order."

We knew this would happen sooner or later. I'm suprised it took so long.

http://freep.com/article/20100211/NE...ed-restitution

The former Detroit mayor “has as of yet not been able to come up with the amount … and is unlikely to do so within the time allowed by the court,” Farmington Hills attorney Daniel Hajji said in the emergency motion.

Hajji said the new payments would cause Kilpatrick and his family “manifest hardship … as well as impede in his ability to earn income. ...”

The revised payments should be canceled, Hajji said, because the Wayne County Prosecutors failed to fully prove the changes were needed.
    The bit about "failed to fully prove the changes were needed" really takes balls.
    Last edited by leland_palmer; February-11-10 at 06:51 PM.

I am not surprised by this move. Kilpatrick will do everything he can to avoid making payments.

Will we end up with another week of hearings?

Buy American Guest

Total sleeze...he will rape and pillage the Detroit taxpayers as long as he is allowed to do so. His a$$ needs to be thrown in jail for contempt of court. How can he afford new lawyers? How can he afford to live the lavish lifestyle he is living in Texas? Maybe if he considered downsizing considerably, like a two bedroom flat somewhere or a trailer or a motel room, he could afford his restitution payments. Just ask the thousands of Detroiters who have cut their expenses because they can't afford to live like they did before, who have lost their homes, lost their insurance, lost their jobs. At least Karmanos is paying this piece of crap a huge salary and thug KK is more than likely not doing much to justify the salary. Karmanos is either a fool to keep thug KK in his employ or the thug has something really big on Karmanos that he is threatening to use against him if he loses his token job.

Also, the council is voting today on pay cuts, benefits cuts, and layoffs of City employees because there is no money. $8 million plus would be very helpful to those that are at the losing end of this. Conyers pilfered the pension fund, thug KK has carte blanche credit cards while he was "mayor"....Detroit has really got the raw end of the stick!
    Last edited by Buy American; February-11-10 at 11:15 AM.

Thanks for posting, I missed this one. And so the circus continues. So Kwame is basically saying that he prefers jail time over paying restitution. I think we can all live with that.

Default Recall his testimony ...

Didn't he say that the leases _ like on the Escalade and the luxury house _ were pre-paid? What I'm curious to see, if it comes out in court, is while he testified he got a hefty income tax refund last year, did he declared the $50k "gift" from Moroun on those returns? Is the IRS looking at him? My guess is Groner may be go ahead and garnish his wages just like a deadbeat parent or tax scofflaw.

Buy American Guest

^^^^I have heard that wages cannot be garnished in Texas. I would love to know if that is true.

Didn't Judge Groner say that if thug KK was put in jail that Detroit wouldn't get the money owed? Well, if thug KK won't pay, then his a$$ needs to be put in jail for whatever time it takes for him to work it off there. Maybe a few million license plates will compensate.
    Last edited by Buy American; February-11-10 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Didn't Judge Groner say that if thug KK was put in jail that Detroit wouldn't get the money owed? Well, if thug KK won't pay, then his a$$ needs to be put in jail for whatever time it takes for him to work it off there. Maybe a few million license plates will compensate.
    It's times like this I almost wish for chain gangs to fix the road ways again. Personally I have no problem with our criminals in jail working hard to pay back some of that debt they owe society. If KK can't pony up the cash, make him work it off.

He will not go to jail. Too many "too big to fail" supporters and co conspirators have much to lose if KK is squeezed hard enough to spill the beans to the Feds.
    Money will be provided, one way or another, to keep KK quiet until the Feds go away.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    He will not go to jail. Too many "too big to fail" supporters and co conspirators have much to lose if KK is squeezed hard enough to spill the beans to the Feds.
    Money will be provided, one way or another, to keep KK quiet until the Feds go away.
    Then I guess it's time for all these supporters and co conspirators to pony up and take care of their debts to thug KK...time is running out.

Ravine Guest

I'm no supporter of Sam Riddle, but when I see the shit Kilpatrick is being allowed to get away with, I'm not sure I see much moral justification for even asking Riddle any questions, much less charging him with any crimes and trying him for them.

"weasel mode" - I love it.

He'll be giving everyone the finger as he eventually sinks in his own legal [[and moral) cesspool.
    Garnishment or jail time, here we come.

Throw him back in to jail. Then we'll know for sure what he's doing, where he's at and what his income is. Let Karlita and the kids live with their grandparents, much as a large portion of our society is now doing. But, this is truly a story of politicians in general, rather than KK in particular. He just happens to be the most recent and egregious example. KK was like a politician's version of Hurrican Katrina, leaving a swath of destruction in his path.

DC48080 Guest

His incredible arrogance is never-ending. He had plenty of time in court over the last several months to make a case that he cannot pay. He should be locked up just like anybody else would who will not comply with a court order. Plain and simple.

Point of information: A garnish is something that goes on your dinner plate. When you attach someone's wages, you garnishee them. Also Texas does not allow your wages to be garnisheed - Out of all of the Compuware offices, why do you think that kwaME picked Texas? He knew that little tidbit well in advance.

Has Mommy cut him off? She must have a stash somewhere. Just a year ago she was paying for private jets to haul his fat a$$ around.

lilpup Guest

When the Feds swoop in and seize everything maybe they can spiff the City or Prosecutor's Office a reward/finder's fee.

I wouldn't be surprised if those plane trips have put Mama K under a quietly used forensic accounting microscope, too.

detroitchef Guest

Never going to do time. Calling it now. Yaw-all's boy is too slick, he is gonna tie everyone up with multiple attorneys filing motions against everyone under the sun for years.

I don't think he ever heard "be careful what you ask/wish for". Leave well enough alone must have bounced off his eardrums also. I agree mommy will rescue her little king.

Buy American Guest

I am also wondering about all these lawyers for thug KK. They are defending him in court, suing other lawyers, claiming he can't pay his restitution.....how do they figure he will pay them?

I don't want Kwame in jail. I don't want to support his ugly act at all, under any circumstances; and if he was put in jail, we would be most certainly be supporting him - sheltering, feeding & clothing him. and probably subsidizing yet another college degree while he's in there. Screw that: I can't afford to put my unemployed spouse back into school. I surely don't want to pay for Kwame.

I want that dirtbag to be required to sell his high-class, expensive material goods, move to a less-expensive residence, buy his clothes at Sears, and to account for every single dime he earns from his [[so-called) gainful employment so that the City of Detroit can garnishee his wages to the point of him having to eat regular food bought on sale at Kroger, drive a Cobalt or a Focus, and use a tracfone as his cell phone. I want him to have no choice but to live inside the Detroit city limits so that he can see and feel the fallout of his perfidy on a daily basis.

I want him to have no choice but to live in the manner that any ordinary citizen would if ordered by the court to make financial restitution for crimes committed. And, without question, just about any of us WOULD have to pay the price. I want Kwame to be held to the same standard as Joe Blow or Jane Doe.

Won't happen, there's more corrosion in this city than on a 20-yr-old Chevy truck, but one can dream.
    Last edited by Corn.Bot; February-11-10 at 07:18 PM. Reason: correct use of the word "garnish" = )

Yeah, and all of this was self-induced. When he was whining saying he could only pay $6.00 [[an insult to every Detroiter) he should have considered that it would get worse the more indigent he claimed, while living lavishly. Who is advising him? Just well paid zombie lawyers, who keep promoting the concept that he "did not thing wrong, afterall" and is being persecuted on all sides. That would explain his resistance from the gate, though he agreed to the terms in lieu of jail time. $6,000 to $6.00 to $89,000! Duh!
    Quote Originally Posted by cman710 View Post
    I am not surprised by this move. Kilpatrick will do everything he can to avoid making payments.

For sure, I don't want to see him in jail, or even in town... let him be a martyr there in Texas [[after all he said he's a Texan now), and mail in his payments or a garnishment.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Corn.Bot View Post
    I don't want Kwame in jail. I don't want to support his ugly act at all, under any circumstances; and if he was put in jail, we would be most certainly be supporting him - sheltering, feeding & clothing him. and probably subsidizing yet another college degree while he's in there. Screw that: I can't afford to put my unemployed spouse back into school. I surely don't want to pay for Kwame.

I want that dirtbag to be required to sell his high-class, expensive material goods, move to a less-expensive residence, buy his clothes at Sears, and to account for every single dime he earns from his [[so-called) gainful employment so that the City of Detroit can garnishee his wages to the point of him having to eat regular food bought on sale at Kroger, drive a Cobalt or a Focus, and use a tracfone as his cell phone. I want him to have no choice but to live inside the Detroit city limits so that he can see and feel the fallout of his perfidy on a daily basis.

I want him to have no choice but to live in the manner that any ordinary citizen would if ordered by the court to make financial restitution for crimes committed. And, without question, just about any of us WOULD have to pay the price. I want Kwame to be held to the same standard as Joe Blow or Jane Doe.

Won't happen, there's more corrosion in this city than on a 20-yr-old Chevy truck, but one can dream.

Perhaps their interest is so that he will have a coin or two left over to pay them.... LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    I am also wondering about all these lawyers for thug KK. They are defending him in court, suing other lawyers, claiming he can't pay his restitution.....how do they figure he will pay them?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast