Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit's Ice Potato

The article on the train station is golden

Hilarious! Thanks for the laughs.

The ice potato has stolen my heart.

The Ice Potato makes the Heidelberg Project look like junk nailed on a house.
    Last edited by Ed Golick; February-13-10 at 09:37 AM.

Sometimes it takes a frozen potato to thaw my frozen heart.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Golick View Post
    The Ice Potato makes the Heidelberg Project look like junk nailed on a house.
    Awesome. *hug*

As I understand it, the Ice Potato is high concept art and was a collaboration of 15 artists who graduated from 16 prestigious universities around the world.

In fact, hold your breath, there is talk of encasing a Detroit skyscraper in a potato. I kid you not!

The amazing twist is that since winter has been done and is now a mere cliche, it will be done in the summer, the sun will bake the potato into the largest french fry in the world! The largest French fry will then be air lifted to Haiti to feed the hungry for a year. The artist said the obvious analogy was that Detroit has suffered a economic earthquake.

There is talk of turning the Guardian Building into the world's largest ketchup dispenser.

Not to give away the location or anything, but that looks suspiciously like Bagley Avenue in Corktown.

What a great symbol of the decline of agriculture in our society.

http://onemorespoke.blogspot.com/201...f-detroit.html another nice entry from one more spoke my new favorite Detroit blog.

It's in Corktown somewhere. Jerry from the $1-an-inch Loveland project did it.

another great one more spoke blog entry: http://onemorespoke.blogspot.com/201...-monument.html

His train station entry is awesome. He's right, that thing is an affront on the senses.

The train station bit is high-larious as is the "Skyscraper Farm" commentary.

Thanks for the laughs.