Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Historic Lee Plaza photo help!

Hello gang,

Does anyone know where to acquire historic photos of the Lee Plaza [[like pre-1950)? I am willing to pay for publishing rights. The Burton doesn't have any. The Reuther doesn't have any. The Manning Bros. woman is out of town till Feb. 22, and I need it before then. I'm pretty desperate.
    Thanks.

That manning bros woman is a pain she quit contacting me after a while, first couple of missed calls then no call backs, email when she was out of town, good communication then suddenly nothing.

I'm positive the Manning Archive has something, they are purported to have taken photos of every building in Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
    I'm positive the Manning Archive has something, they are purported to have taken photos of every building in Detroit
    The problem is she isn't back from vacation until Feb. 22, and I need the photo before then. So if anyone else knows where I can get one, PLEASE HELP!

I have floor plans of the original layout of the apartments of a typical floor of the Lee Plaza if that will help. They ranged in size from 1 to 4 rooms. I don't have a good source for it; but it looks like I copied it [[decades ago) from an early rental brochure because it has glowing descriptions of the apartments.

Do you have the standard postcard views?

Quote Originally Posted by mccarch View Post
    Do you have the standard postcard views?
    I have this one: http://www.buildingsofdetroit.com/si...s/lee-pc_0.jpg

But it's not big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    I have this one: http://www.buildingsofdetroit.com/si...s/lee-pc_0.jpg

But it's not big enough.
    Shucks. That's the one I have too.

http://onlyndetroit.com/html/decay/o...es_Plumder.htm

what can be done about renovating this building.. conversion to lofts, etc.? why would it be just allowed to sit derelict for so long..

Bobby Ferguson had to get over his fear of heights first to get the roof copper stripped.