Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit in new Chevy "Onstar" commercial

I can't seem to find the video however it features several shots of I-75, as well as aerial shots and some bits of downtown. Pretty cool considering the slew of advertisements shot in Detroit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ZBrIa-hJ0

Is this the one? It has been out for some time now actually.

that's the one! =) i think i just paid proper attention to the street signs this time around, you're right though I have seen this one before as well

The message seems to be: if your sweet-ass SUV ever gets stolen in some dangerous, eerily-vacant, trash-strewn city like Detroit, then OnStar will save the day.

Also, the cop wouldn't turn around on W Fort to get to I-75N, he would go straight ahead to Jefferson.

Or am I just nitpicking here?

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    The message seems to be: if your sweet-ass SUV ever gets stolen in some dangerous, eerily-vacant, trash-strewn city like Detroit, then OnStar will save the day.

Also, the cop wouldn't turn around on W Fort to get to I-75N, he would go straight ahead to Jefferson.

Or am I just nitpicking here?
    If I were at the federal courthouse, I'd probably go Lodge to 75. Fewer lights. So I think the cop is going the right way here. Then again, it also depends WHERE on 75 he was.
    I think the speedy police response time is a bit far-fetched for Detroit, though.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    I think the speedy police response time is a bit far-fetched for Detroit, though.
    I don't doubt the speed of the cops around here but if that OnStar system works as well as they say it does, the cops might not have to be too fast after all.

That has been on for a number of months now