Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

lilpup Guest

Default Mike Rowe & Dirty Jobs in Melvindale tonight

The Discovery Channel 9 pm.

WDIV is looking for Dirty Job suggestions to pass on ~ http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/22512597/detail.html

I don't have one to offer but some things I'd love to see:

working on a Lakes freighter or at the ore docks
    maybe a day with the steam trains and/or in the roundhouse at Greenfield Village or in one of the major train yards
    are any of the salt mines open now?
    working aids to navigation with the Coast Guard?
    maybe cleaning zebra mussels off an intake
    any appropriate Tunnel cleaning or maintenance jobs?

They got their butts kicked by the cold up at the Soo on a recent show.

How about playing for the Lions?

lilpup Guest

It would have to be an away game on real turf in mudbowl conditions, otherwise it would just be a Demoralizing Job instead of a Dirty Job

I've always thought that the police dive teams that have to go into the Detroit River have had a pretty horrific dirty job.

And seriously with all of the manufacturing jobs around here, there HAS to be a muck encrusted, soot covered, grime caked sort of job that would be appropriate for Mike Rowe to perform.

An up close and personal tour of Zug Island.

How about working the salt mine under Detroit?

Working with the leadership[[?) in Lansing to pass a budget would be a pretty Dirty Job.

Incinerator???

That bone black job was DIRTY. Looked like it had been there a hundred years or so.

What is/was the Detroit Carbon Works over by der ?

I'd like to see Mike spend some time at a wastewater treatment plant.Screen and grit bldg,busting up scum,unplugging a pump full of rags.Or maybe clean around a conveyor system that is moving moist product on top of a multi-hearth incinerator,in the summer.Come to think about it,MonCon should be sentenced to do her time there.