Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Garfield Lofts

Default Garfield Lofts

Hello,

My sister is looking for places to live in Midtown. She's interested in the Garfield Lofts [[at Garfield and Woodward - next to the MOCAD). Does anyone have anything to say - good or bad - about these lofts?

Thank you

Route29 Guest

Former colleague of mine lives there and nothing but rave reviews. Certainly can't beat the location, especially with the retail now across the street, and that new produce place just south on Woodward, and in the middle of the cultural center at that.
    Rite Aid is no Trader Joe's, but it must be convenient having one in your building!

I lived there for 2 years, and the place isn't bad. It's kind of a no frills place, but I don't have any real complaints.

IMO that's one of the best locations in Midtown, surrounded by retail, [[as much as you can be in this town), in a beautiful building.

On thing I forgot about though, the walls are extremely thin, and your neighbors don't even have to be that obnoxious to get on your nerves.

The ceilings are 16' and it's kind of hard to regulate the heating, and cooling for that reason. Me and the wife had a corner unit so we were able to get a good cross wind in the summer with the windows open. In the winter you'll have the heat running almost constantly.

Overall though, I recommend the place. It's the best value for an apartment I've ever had.

sent you a pm. midtown is a good area with lots to offer!