Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: One Tough Nerd

Default One Tough Nerd

I saw this commercial during the Superbowl last night. I didn't know it was a national spot until i saw Chuck Todd mention it on MSNBC this morning. The ad did a decent job of introducing Rick Snyder to people like myself who didn't know much about him and I visited his site. Now i know where he got all that money to afford to run that spot. Here's the commercial
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ro5iGShcV4
    And here's his site
    http://www.rickformichigan.com/
    I gotta admit, he's not a career politician and that has me interested. And so far I haven't found anything that paints him as a Western Michigan right wing bible thumper. What do you think of Snyder and do you have any other information about him?

.... i saw Chuck Todd mention it on MSNBC this morning
    Ding, ding, ding!!!!!!

We've found the one person who is watching MSNBC!

As for the Snyder campaign commercial, it was aired during the SB only on outstate affiliates during their local commercial blocks. Here in Detroit it was aired during the pre-game local block.

From what little I know about him, he sounds like a better alternative than Cox.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Ding, ding, ding!!!!!!

We've found the one person who is watching MSNBC!

From what little I know about him, he sounds like a better alternative than Cox.
    I like MSNBC except for Schuster and Olbermann.

Would you vote for him just because he's a beter alternative than Cox?

Just what this state needs. A caucasian version of a "Steven Q. Urkel"

Think I will run for Govenor, What the Heck.

for a nerd, he has a pretty amateurish website

Danny,

Did I just hear you call someone out?

We just MIGHT need a nerd to sort this mess out...no matter their race, gender, orientation, and religious preference.

Cheers

Perot was seen as a nut job and as not a serious candidate back in the 80's.
    Truth be told, he was a numbers man and a business man, he saw the writing on the wall back then to the financial disasters of latter Bush II and now Obama eras.
    Had Perot been elected back then, chances are America would be a much more financially sound nation today.