Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Pets

Putz is so ancient now. He had many little seizures all last night. I even woke my husband to say we need to sit vigil. I slept on the floor next to him and Putz even inherited this ugly old fuzzy red bathrobe I have that he likes. SOB up and running happy today. I think all he wanted was that ugly bathrobe. Actually I am happy he is still with us but he really gave us a scare. I call him fat man sometimes, our other dogs all come running when I say that,,,absolutely no clue why they think their nickname is fat man

Many thanks to Pet Supplies Plus and Healing Care Animal Hospital who are sponsoring my dog Lily Blue for the upcoming Ultimate Air Dogs dock jumping season. Lily Blue will soon be visiting kids at Childrens Hospital. Each kid will get a 8X10 action photo of Lily Blue dock jumping. The kids will be able to follow her on Facebook and see pics and vids of her competing. Here's a clip of a practice jump at the Suburban Collection Pet Expo in Novi last November.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNesHBZVmQo

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Many thanks to Pet Supplies Plus and Healing Care Animal Hospital who are sponsoring my dog Lily Blue for the upcoming Ultimate Air Dogs dock jumping season. Lily Blue will soon be visiting kids at Childrens Hospital. Each kid will get a 8X10 action photo of Lily Blue dock jumping. The kids will be able to follow her on Facebook and see pics and vids of her competing. Here's a clip of a practice jump at the Suburban Collection Pet Expo in Novi last November.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNesHBZVmQo
    That is so cool. Best my dogs do, is area kids want to take them for walks. Give them a leash and watch them scrape the sidewalk.

Wish I could get them not to wake me up at night/early am to go out. Friend says I need to train them better. 2:30am, an 80# pit mix on my stomach licking me, a 75# shepard licking me, a way over weight puggle squealing. End result, I am on DY blathering.

Making some coaco and trying to go back to sleep. New motto, love them or shoot them. Moaning slightly, why don't they bother my husband? I thought my kids were spoiled, they were less hassle.

You have to train them extremely early to stay on your clock withstanding their bladders within reason of course. But as they age the must go more frequently... just like people it seems. Hah!

And it seems male dogs have to pee more ala ever marking their trail. I could be wrong. My only pets are my plants at this point... though people around me have a menagerie of pets.

I do love all them buggers. Sleep deprived now. Plants, a nice subsitute. An 80# dog getting one up at 3 am, sooo not me

Want cats, one dog hates cats, but our doggies like to live to ripe old ages. Even had a cat or two that lived to very old age. Well into their twenties. But i can't adopt a dog, Detroit address. I guess us Detroters like to farm dogs out to dog fights. Frankly I am a bit bitter. Adore "nimals", responsible pet owners. Detroit still gets that bad rap. Burbs step up and adopt those sweet animals that we can't.

I have eight house plants - does that count for something living in the house?! That's as close to pets as I can get right now! And one of my snake plants [[sanseveira) rotted a bit at the root. How can you kill that plant? Yet I almost did! I a have office plant too [[dracana) those are really indestructible. LOL! I think a plant thread is in order. I'll do a search to see if one has been started elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I think a plant thread is in order.
    Start the seeds for one here.

Do think I mentioned my petting zoo of outdoor herbs. Plants count for something. I truely suck at indoor plants. One bonsai ficus, one tuberous begonia and one assorted planter from my Mom's funeral. Mostly I think I forget to water them. Duh!!!! to me

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6