Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Share your pics of Detroit here.

Im always taking odd photos while strolling the D. Im sure a few of you also has some to share. Ill put up a couple to see if this thread goes anywhere.

Nothing special but I do like the Santa head lying on the street outside the incenerator.

The ice pic is from the Old Miamis Coi pond out back. The bubbler below the ice did the work on its own.

Wadda you got?
    Last edited by Django; May-03-10 at 03:38 AM.

The Sisters and Rascall.
    Last edited by Django; May-03-10 at 03:38 AM.

My thread totally bombed so far, could have been my very poor [[drunken) choice of pic. Im not giving up though.

The first one Cub may be able to explain.
    Last edited by Django; May-03-10 at 03:39 AM.

I like the picture of the sister's and their dog.

Attachment 5393

Why does DTE run their lights all night, everynight? This was taken on Thanksgiving weekend.

Attachment 5394

Guy named Fernando [[?) lives here. His place is cozy and occasionally gets a little too cozy. He's lit his place on fire at least three times I know of. He resides down in the warehouse district, not too far from the Dequinder cut.

Attachment 5395

sunset or sunrise

Sunrise, right?!

I'll start my digging.

Here is one of my favorites, taken when the Spirit was in bondage from all the Kwhyme crap.

I'm trying to find one I caught when the Big Diamond hisself was shocked at the heckler daring to challenge him on Detroit's 'love' of old buildings when the rockstar economist Richard Florida spoke at a packed Orchestra Hall.

I like urban signs, here's a few I found while cycling through our fine city.

Eastside, I love the sign pics. Ive seen a few beauties but usually find myself without a camera.

I lived in the Ansonia on Cass many years ago. The desk clerk had put up all sorts of detailed but misspelled signs of all the do's and dont's of staying there. Most were directed at the johns and hookers renting a short stay. Ive got many of them in B/W negatives stored somewhere. Someday Ill have them printed out.

Thanks Django--

The Ansonia signs sound intriguing. I'm always amused when I come across these quirky signs. Detroit has an abundance of them.

Man, oh man, in Detroit, the dogs can read.