Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Say it ain't so Sarah

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Sarah Palin declared "America is ready for another revolution" and repeatedly assailed President Barack Obama on Saturday before adoring "tea party" activists. They make up a seemingly natural constituency should she run for president.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100207/...palin_s_people

Palin now trying to incite the masses into social unrest? This lady better do a quick study on how that played out for a few before her. Mandella, Lennon, Manson et al.

Simply knowing the "tea Party" people would like her as President, tells me everything I need to know about the tea Party movement.

That was some questionable language there, for sure. I am not so sure that organizing people to overthrow a democratically elected government is protected free speech.

Glen Beck uses that word too, but not in such cheerleadery terms.

Sarah Palin is done... The McCain/ Palin vs. Obama/Biden duo was such a laugh.

Yet, I don't viscerally hate her as some do, but she is simply not presidential material, even for the percentage of republicans who wish she were. I think the fact that she did not complete her term as governor in part ended her chances of becoming president. I understand her stepping down as governor may have been a good choice for her personally, but it was death nail for her politically.

Not to mention some things she has said.

Having said that, IMO it needs to be stated that the "tea party" bunch do not OWN every jot and tittle of the opposition they espouse. To think they do is a convenient summation that does not reflect reality.

There are many dems and indies who share the "tea party" folks concerns and opposition, but who'd NOT want to be seen or associated with a group that has been walled off to simply be "right-winged" kooks. The apposing dem and indie crowd is less dismissible as they are more diffused within the larger voting politic. Thus less ascribe to a neat box and canonized like the "baggers".

They will be harder to demonize or DISMISS because they defy the "box" and yet are represented in the ballot box [[ala voting power) as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Sarah Palin declared "America is ready for another revolution" and repeatedly assailed President Barack Obama on Saturday before adoring "tea party" activists. They make up a seemingly natural constituency should she run for president.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100207/...palin_s_people

Palin now trying to incite the masses into social unrest? This lady better do a quick study on how that played out for a few before her. Mandella, Lennon, Manson et al.

Simply knowing the "tea Party" people would like her as President, tells me everything I need to know about the tea Party movement.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-07-10 at 08:59 AM.

[[Edited to include correct ticket prices. "An all-access ticket costs $549.00. A ticket to everything but Sarah Palin’s closing speech is $349.00. And a ticket to Palin’s speech, all by itself, also costs $349.00." -Washinton Independant. I had the figure too high before.) That isn't as much as Reagan and Clinton charged but then she is just a wannabe. The Republican Party is doing all it can to domesticate and incorporate the Tea Party movement with some success it seems. Earlier, Tea Party activists shouted Republican Senators off of stages for voting for the Wall Street bailout. $549 tickets to attend Tea Parties where Republican notables talk about 'revolution' is at best ironic.

One person who didn't speak at Sarah's Tea Party was Alex Jones who might be closer in spirit to the Tea Party activists of a year ago than the Republicans who paid big bucks for theater. Alex Jones has his rough edges with conspiracy theory especially and is abrasive but is more consistent with the original Tea Party crowd than the Republican molded event with Sarah.

Here is Alex, rough edges and all, sounding off at about the same time as Sarah with a timely comment - today being Super Bowl Sunday. This really sounds more like a proper Tea party speech than Sarah's.

Last edited by oladub; February-07-10 at 01:50 PM. Reason: correction re tickert cost

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Sarah Palin declared "America is ready for another revolution"
    Im thinking the context in which this little tidbit was yanked from probably explains more details of her POV.

Granted, she's not the brightest light in the room, but if Dems and Reps are not sick and tired of the self serving corrupt government in place, and tired of liars who promise something different but then serve up a big hot helping of "Same old" or "Worse", then I feel bad for you.
    Last edited by Papasito; February-07-10 at 01:42 PM.

quote:
    "Sarah Palin declared "America is ready for another revolution" and repeatedly assailed President Barack Obama on Saturday before adoring "tea party" activists."

So, who now is "pallin' around with terrorists"?

Criticizing the government, or elected officials, is fine and desirable. One could make the observation that calling for a revolution crosses the line. Others have been charged with a crime for doing so.

Retroit Guest

"Every generation needs a new revolution." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote: "details of her POV."

She has one? I honestly don't think she's capable of culminating and assembling a point about anything. She just stands up there and looks stupid and recites what they tell her to say. Left to her own, she couldn't say anything coherent.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    is that the change you want ? Sarah leading the US?

Oladub, I enjoyed the youtube video.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    "Those Revaluation people, I mean, these revolution crowd need to be stopped." -G.W. Bush, hero and god of the Right Wing, to the masses of Iraq.

sorry never voted for any of the above...but I do think those who are defending Palin were a little "steeped" too long....sorry had to brew up a little controversy...but the baggers are a little in need of a better cup of tea [[vanilla tea is a little pale)...maybe some green tea?

Palin = fringe populace looser.

Con's try again...

She is finished.

www.buzzfeed.com/reddit/vintage-palin-moment-sarah-palin-reads-answers-of

I really can hardly believe that she would actually write little reminders on her hand! Too funny.

Palin would be good on Detroit's city council, but not in our federal government.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideron View Post
    It's hugely funny to see this coming from people that elect and re-elect people like John Conyers, Monica Conyers, the entire Detroit City Council,Kwame Kilpatrick, Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, etc etc etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Palin would be good on Detroit's city council, but not in our federal government.
    At least if Sarah Palin were on the Detroit City Council, she really *would* be able to see a foreign country out her window.

And she would quit when it's time to.

And she would quit when it's time to.
    If not sooner!

Depends on what kind of crowd she speaks at. When I saw her at the Gridiron with Barney Frank, the audience was ultra-cool to her and yes, there were conservatives in the crowd.

Sarah was smeared from the moment she was introduced on the scene back in the McCain days.
    Anything she slipped up was blown out of proportion and the media bus drove over her and backed up and drove over her again.
    Anything she tries to do the media will be hellbent to undo it.

Sarah is finished, because her worst enemy is the very outlet she needs to gain the momentum she would require to make any serious bid in the next election - the media.
    She's done.

Whether you think she's a joke or a savior, she will never win because she has been marked.

Until Sarah can go on the sunday political talk shows and talk like she has some knowledge of policy she will be considered a joke.

question: which is your favorite founding father ?

Sarah: All of them !

She didn't really say that did she ?

Well if she did I'll give her a pass, because I didn't know how rough she had it there in Wasilla until I read this.

http://www.peacelovelunges.com/healt...tal-of-alaska/

Blarf Guest

I don't even know where Sarah Palin stands on any issue other than being a religious/pro-life nut. She is not a real conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    I don't even know where Sarah Palin stands on any issue other than being a religious/pro-life nut. She is not a real conservative.
    The "religious/pro-life nuts" are a huge part of the conservative base. She is as much a real conservative as they are.

Whether you think she's a joke or a savior, she will never win because she has been marked.
    It's her own damn fault really. She needs to muzzle her own mouth and learn when to shut the hell up. She has said some of the dumbest shiat I have ever heard in my life.

Precisely! She is so done. The republicans need to circle their wagons elsewhere. I was listening to a conservative broadcast and they even said that was a bad gaff on her part! You've got to be able talk from your mind in an interview... or use a teleprompter in a "non-dependent" transparent manner when addressing a large audience [[Obama is not the only person to use them, though his use has been quite dependent and awkward at times).
    Quote Originally Posted by qweek View Post
    She is finished.

www.buzzfeed.com/reddit/vintage-palin-moment-sarah-palin-reads-answers-of

I really can hardly believe that she would actually write little reminders on her hand! Too funny.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-10-10 at 10:15 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast