Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Do Teabaggers Suffer From The Dunning–Kruger Effect?

Dunning–Kruger Effect

My favorite:
    They won Ig Nobel Prizes in Psychology in 2000 with their report, "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments".

LOL ....Sarah Dunning-Kruger Palin....what a novel way of approaching this phenomena....

sarah to Obama stop lecturing...translation: ...you are using to big of words for me....

sarah on Terrorism:I would have nuked the middle east by now...I love the neocons...and they will use..ummm I mean love me tooo...
    Last edited by gibran; February-06-10 at 10:40 PM.

That describes the teabaggers well. I hope they mobilize, go after the moderate Repubs, take over the party and they along with the religious fanatics running the party will give you the change you want to believe in

The fly in the ointment of all of this neat descriptivism is that the "tea party" bunch do not OWN every jot and tittle of the opposition they espouse.

There are many democrats and indies who share the so-called "tea party" crowds concerns and opposition, many of whom may not interested in being specifically identified as being part of a group that has been walled off to simply be "right-winged" kooks.

This apposing dem and indie crowd and their message and voting response therein is less dismissible as they are more diffused within the larger voting politic. Thus less ascribe to a neat box and canonization like the "baggers".
    Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    That describes the teabaggers well. I hope they mobilize, go after the moderate Repubs, take over the party and they along with the religious fanatics running the party will give you the change you want to believe in
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-07-10 at 09:13 AM.

...you can pick things that even ultra-nationalists love and have a grain of truth...the real problem is collectively...their [[tea baggers) anger is at taxes, government and values ...while assailing areas that need reform..their approach borders on destroying civil debate and their methods reflect hate of anything government or liberal [[these guys were the folks that don't want to pay their fair of taxes yet want government to protect them)...while promoting a new government take-over...

You have to ask yourself do you want these people representing real change and reform...

she is promoting the neocon agenda and I think she would cave under scrutiny of things she rallies against....

she didn't do one thing for people with disabilities while in office [[where was initiatives to hire the disabled ) or doesn't she know that the cutbacks she and those fiscally responsible teabaggers propose would cut services for her very own child ... that is the one thing that stands out most as hypocrisy to me....we have yet to find out the truth about her home and builder gate...
    I find her psychologically a dangerous person...it is very evident in here mannerism and here lack of comprehension of others views...she is a panderer....personally I could care less about her -she is no different than Beck or Rush or even Imus...but she has captured the anger and hate of people who can't think through issues and is a 'populist"...problem is real conservatives with values and a goal for healthy debate with liberals are being drowned out...and moderate republicans are being intimidated and forced on this crazy train ...with a bridge to no where..when we need them to help shape our future...with liberals.

I should add that I do not believe that the teabaggers are the only ones who suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect. I will go so far as to assert that the only teabaggers who do not suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect do not exist.

I think that what they have is actually Stockholm Syndrome.

Actually, one could argue that they are simply frightened and overwhelmed people who fear they may lose their standard of living and health insurance. Their beliefs and wishes can be described as: "I got mine, screw you!" to those less fortunate than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Actually, one could argue that they are simply frightened and overwhelmed people who fear they may lose their standard of living and health insurance. Their beliefs and wishes can be described as: "I got mine, screw you!" to those less fortunate than they are.
    Or, their beliefs and wishes might just be that they've worked very hard to earn what they have, and now they see there is a group of politicians that want to take away what they've earned and give it to another group who, for whatever reason, hasn't been as successful.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Or, their beliefs and wishes might just be that they've worked very hard to earn what they have, and now they see there is a group of politicians that want to take away what they've earned and give it to another group who, for whatever reason, hasn't been as successful.
    Or it could be that they're petulant children who want the benefits of a first-world society for the price of third-world infrastructure.

What is this "group" of politicians threatening to take from you? Your home? Your job? Your family? Your car? Your degrees? Your gold kruggerands?

As for people who think the teabaggers are just a bit crazy...

...their beliefs and wishes might just be that they've worked very hard to earn a first-class nation, and now they see there is a group of petulant brats that want to take away what they've created and give it to another group who, for whatever reason, hasn't been as successful.

There's class warfare, all right, but it's my class, the rich class, that's making war, and we're winning.

-Warren Buffett, in the New York Times, November 26, 2006.
    Friends and neighbors complain that taxes are indeed very heavy, and if those laid on by the government were the only ones we had to pay, we might the more easily discharge them; but we have many others, and much more grievous to some of us. We are taxed twice as much by our idleness, three times as much by our pride, and four times as much by our folly. ~Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by ghettopalmetto; February-10-10 at 08:53 PM.

What group of politicians want to take away anything from anyone?

What kind of deep thinker applauds a speaker who criticises an opponent for using a teleprompter, while reading notes written on her hand, both at the speech and at the Q & A afterward, where the questions have been preselected?

Interesting view from Black Agenda Report. There take is that the teabaggers is just the latest way of saying White Nationalist. There have always been white nationalist in their view in some form or another and there's really nothing to circle the wagons over since in their view they see the teabaggers as more of a threat to the Republican party. BAR is way left and have little love for Obama.

http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=...ure-and-simple

There's the latest sick cult mantra: "THEY are going to take something from you!!!! "

Translation: The priorities might have gone back to fixing our own country after 8 years of putting a failed war based on lies on a giant imaginary credit card.
    Too bad the lives lost can't be paid back.

Of course, it's possible that we are rushing to conclusions and Jim is referring to the Bush and Cheney gang funding Blackwater and the government of Pervez Musharraf [[Urdu: پرویز مشرف) Or maybe he is referring to the Reagan-Bush Admin funding General Rios Mont, Roberto D'Abussion and Gulbuddin Hekmatyar?
    Last edited by barnesfoto; February-11-10 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barnesfoto View Post
    There's the latest sick cult mantra: "THEY are going to take something from you!!!! "

Translation: The priorities might have gone back to fixing our own country after 8 years of putting a failed war based on lies on a giant imaginary credit card.
    Too bad the lives lost can't be paid back.

Of course, it's possible that we are rushing to conclusions and Jim is referring to the Bush and Cheney gang funding Blackwater and the government of Pervez Musharraf [[Urdu: پرویز مشرف) Or maybe he is referring to the Reagan-Bush Admin funding General Rios Mont, Roberto D'Abussion and Gulbuddin Hekmatyar?
    The teabag movement is changing. What started out as a rebellion against out of control government spending and even tolerated anti-war sentiment is rapidly being brought under the control of the dominant neo-con wing of the Republican Party. Republican Senators who voted for Bush's bailout were being jeered off the stages of tea parties. I don't see that happening anymore. The press ignored those early tea parties. Now that tea parties are often Republican orchestrated events even at swanky hotels with some neocon speakers, the press hovers to catch Sarah's every last word.

The wars go on and are being expanded with or without the tea parties or even Republicans. Now we are even supporting the unpopular government in Yemen. If anything, Sarah and her tea bag constituency, are supportive of these Obama efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    {sarcasm}Ha ha funny{/sarcasm}

I was going to say the same for all of those who voted for "Hope & Change" in '08.

BTW, how's that Hope & Change working for you now?

The unions are pissed off at Pres. B.O. for not passing their issues fast enough.

The looters are pissed off at him over health care going tango uniform.

And the "Free money, Obama money" crowd are wondering where their next handout is.

Yeah, that'll fit the definition above.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    Or it could be that they're petulant children who want the benefits of a first-world society for the price of third-world infrastructure.
    BINGO! of course, that is the aim. ronnie's team even admitted they were seeking the Brazilification of America [[and yes, that term was used)

That was painful to read.

Quote Originally Posted by MCP-001 View Post
    {sarcasm}Ha ha funny{/sarcasm}

I was going to say the same for all of those who voted for "Hope & Change" in '08.

BTW, how's that Hope & Change working for you now?

The unions are pissed off at Pres. B.O. for not passing their issues fast enough.

The looters are pissed off at him over health care going tango uniform.

And the "Free money, Obama money" crowd are wondering where their next handout is.

Yeah, that'll fit the definition above.

Well, let's see:

The economy has not gone into a full-blown Depression.
    The jobs of thousands of teachers and public safety officers were saved.
    Congress is getting the closest it ever has to achieving health insurance for all Americans.
    We're starting design and construction on the first stages of a high speed rail network.
    And taxes were cut for most Americans.

I'd say the Hopey-Changey stuff is going pretty well for me.

Hey there a tea party searching for a leader? maybe when Texas and Alaska secede maybe they will crown [[ummm ) elect Sarah and Perry their leaders..until then lets get back to serious business, such and getting the stimulus working fo rus...remember jobs =buying things =taxes=climbingout of the holes...

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    Hey there a tea party searching for a leader? maybe when Texas and Alaska secede maybe they will crown [[ummm ) elect Sarah and Perry their leaders..until then lets get back to serious business, such and getting the stimulus working fo rus...remember jobs =buying things =taxes=climbingout of the holes...
    And after Texas and Alaska secede, we can enact a jobs stimulus program, paying the unemployed to construct a large, impenetrable wall around both Texas and Alaska so we can keep them damn illegals from flowing into the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Well, let's see:

The economy has not gone into a full-blown Depression.
    The jobs of thousands of teachers and public safety officers were saved.
    Congress is getting the closest it ever has to achieving health insurance for all Americans.
    We're starting design and construction on the first stages of a high speed rail network.
    And taxes were cut for most Americans.

I'd say the Hopey-Changey stuff is going pretty well for me.
    The economy?

Well, the jury is still out on that one.

With Pres. B.O. racking up massive amounts of debt that would make G.W.B. blush with envy, that amount of spending by our governments, and others governments as well, is unsustainable.

Teachers not getting laid off? I guess that they didn't get that memo.

Neither did these people [[this link was a real pain to find).

Police?

Remember those from the MSP?

Granted most, but not all, eventually were returned to work. I'd love to see how Gov. Speedbump intends to deal with that in this year's budget negotiations.

Health care?

Did you miss the Senate democrat hissy fit last week?

Pres. B.O.'s epiphany regarding this issue?

I suppose not since you think that health care has any chance after the Brown election last month.

High speed rail? Just what will that do [[besides spend more money we don't have)?

And my personal fav: Pres. B.O. cutting taxes.

I guess that you missed this blurb this am?

Yet, another lie by Pres. B.O [[go to 0:35).

Great Shades of G.H.W.B!

My apologies, MCP. I didn't mean to jostle you back there in the 19th Century.

What I read in your post is a lot of hysterics and anger. Calm down a second and breathe.

I'm interested in knowing, from your perspective:

1. What specific goals you have for our nation.
    2. What problems and obstacles lie in the way of those goals
    3. How those problems and obstacles can be overcome to reach the stated goals.
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; February-11-10 at 04:48 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast