Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I have pulled a person's cart out when they were in the express lanes [[aren't most up to 15-20 items now?) and shoved it down the row. yes, i was in a crappy mood and not feeling terribly charitable.
    How rude. If someone mistakenly believes they're the god of the grocery lines and pulls a stunt like that, they deserve a total smack-down. I wouldn't hesitate to be the one to dole it out...

If someone's a few items over, I don't mind. I generally figure they might be rushing for a reason.

I have pulled a person's cart out when they were in the express lanes [[aren't most up to 15-20 items now?) and shoved it down the row. yes, i was in a crappy mood and not feeling terribly charitable.
    Now I know where you're coming from on this message board, it explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    How rude. If someone mistakenly believes they're the god of the grocery lines and pulls a stunt like that, they deserve a total smack-down. I wouldn't hesitate to be the one to dole it out...

If someone's a few items over, I don't mind. I generally figure they might be rushing for a reason.
    this person had a FULL cart-- more like 50 items or so, and had been asked by several people to move, so i moved him, and virtually everyone around cheered. sorry, but his behavior was the rude behavior, not mine

Just wait till they start adding a convenience fee for using these U-scans.
    That's what happened with ATMs. The banks gained labor cost savings from them then they started charging customers to use them. It's a win-win ... for the bank.

CVS could improve their checkout efficiency by accepting merchandise on the line side of the register and delivering the bagged items on the exit side. As it is now, the clerk and next customer are often left idle while the previous customer gathers their wallet, bags, etc. I think I'll suggest it to them. They might object because that counter space is used to display impulse items.

Speaking of grocery stores, they say the "end caps" at the end of aisles are prime space for displaying merchandise. Is that true? I never pay attention to that area of the shelves.

sorry, but his behavior was the rude behavior, not mine
    Two wrongs don't make a right.

ah. there it is -- I don't think I was any more wrong there than I was to make a guy clean up after his dog in the park or clocking an a-h who was grabbing a waitress' breasts at the bar

Quote: "his person had a FULL cart-- more like 50 items or so, and had been asked by several people to move,"

It's really none of your business. The store management should have handled it. Should have complained to them and they should have responded accordingly, failure on their part should be where you direct your outrage. You need to watch what you grab in public that is none of your affair. You overstepped your bounds and left yourself open for a potential lawsuit.

If someone wants to look like an asshole with 50 items in a 10 item lane, let them.

littlebuddy Guest

Once when I was young and foolish, I heated my house with wood. Well, about this time of year I ran out of good,dry, hardwood and I was broke. A friend found out and came over with a couple of cords of dry hardwood. When I said I would pay him back, he said "no thanks, you just needed some help" and said that when you see someone else in need, help them. I learned some important lessons about how to treat others.

But I can understand the frustation that is caused by people who just choose to be rude. Sometimes pushing a cart out of the line is not a bad thing.

I wish someone would try to make me do anything.

ah. there it is -- I don't think I was any more wrong there than I was to make a guy clean up after his dog in the park or clocking an a-h who was grabbing a waitress' breasts at the bar

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: "his person had a FULL cart-- more like 50 items or so, and had been asked by several people to move,"

It's really none of your business. The store management should have handled it. Should have complained to them and they should have responded accordingly, failure on their part should be where you direct your outrage. You need to watch what you grab in public that is none of your affair. You overstepped your bounds and left yourself open for a potential lawsuit.

If someone wants to look like an asshole with 50 items in a 10 item lane, let them.

Amen.

courtesy, manners, and following rules is out of style.
    these days its everyone for themselves, no matters, and be rude.
    curse in front of kids, it doesnt matter. be vulgar and disrespectful.

then when you get called out on your behavior, act like a victim
    say that they are discriminating against you for one reason or another

welcome to America 2010

I just stopped caring about bothersome customers. I go to Walgreens just outside my building to pick up some items at 2:00 a.m and there's a line of 15 people because someone is asking ridiculous questions about some shampoo at the register. Meanwhile I'm holding a carton of milk, orange juice, and some cereal. Just ignore it and don't bother making the day worse. I could tell someone off, but isn't going to fix the situation because I'll never experience them backing up a checkout ever again.

And I didn't have to do anything. She took so long and never paid the parking meter and got a nice $50 ticket.

It's really none of your business...
    sure it was. store managers are notorious wimps about confronting out-of-line customers. As a society, we should not allow such assinine behavior to go without doing something. that is more than half the reason people are bigger assholes today; no one wants to stand up to anyone acting like an ass and say "knock it off" with a willingness to not back down

I would rather have someone with more items go through quickly than those people who insist upon moving as slow as possible [[without actually moving back in time) yet come under the maximum item amount. You know the ones...they gaze at each item like it has the secret to long life and prosperity imprinted upon it, it takes them a minute to scan each item, then they have to scan coupons that of course, can't be read and require an attendant to clear the screen [[repeatedly). Then they dither around trying to find their credit card or even worse, a check. When their order is finally scanned, then comes the bagging fun where each item is bagged like it's Waterford crystal. I hate these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman View Post
    The people who build, market, distribute and install the u-scan are greatful for their jobs.
    Yep, those lucky slave-driven Asians couldn't ask for any better!
    Last edited by 313WX; February-10-10 at 11:49 AM.

You sound like the type of person that would shove someone else's child off a swing [[who was there first) because your child likes that particular swing and feels they should be swinging on it.

Quote: "As a society, we should not allow such assinine behavior to go without doing something. that is more than half the reason people are bigger assholes today; no one wants to stand up to anyone acting like an ass and say "knock it off" with a willingness to not back down"

As any abortion clinic bomber would concur.

When you force someone to do something, you are infringing upon their rights and overstepping your own. C'mon Rb you're smarter than that..

Roq, funny

Yeah, I am the point where I WILL NOT shop during the mega sales days like day after Thanksgiving and Christmas. NO WAY! Or those free meal feed troth things like they just did at Denny's and this summer at Boston Market. No way! And the 10 or less line, I mean people just ignore it. I can see if you have 11 or twelve things... but 20! You know what you are doing and it is beyond a mistake!

This sort of goes along with the "are things better or worse now" thread.

People are totally inconsiderate and impolite in stores nowadays. I absolutely refuse to Christmas shop in area retailers anymore. If it ain't on the Internet, it won't be under the tree. The last straw, was when a lady friend and myself were shopping at Costco a few years ago, and some miserable old frump, slammed her cart into ours intentionally, and cut my friends hand, as she had it over the side looking the other way. I was livid, and I let the frump know my opinion on her thoughtlessness. Then we each blamed ourselves for being there to begin with.

Another time in that very same store, the lines were out the azz as usual, This lady in front of me kept jumping to other lines and then jumping back in to ours when that line slowed, always going back to the same spot in front of me. I asked her to let me know when she decided on a line that suited her. That store seems to bring the worst out in people. Maybe because they have to pay to shop there???

My opinion on the over ten item shoppers, piss on em' they're jerks and they know they are jerks and wake up every morning and realize it.

The good ol' days, if someone offended you or your wife in public, proper etiquette was to jackslap them. People were much more polite then.

Next time I'm in a store when that happens I'll likely say to the person... excuse me, but Sstashmoo.... is that you??

I'm sorry but there's no way people can justify other people acting like assholes... unless they're defending the way they act themselves....
    Last edited by Gistok; February-10-10 at 01:51 PM.

No, don't ban coupons! But I don't use that many! LOL! I have an elder friend that refuses to use her Debit card -- not feeling confident with how to keep track of purchases in check book registry. It's simple, instead of writing the check number I just put DBT, the purchase the amount. Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    Let's just say that if I were in charge, there would be a law banning all retail establishments from accepting checks or coupons.

With debit cards available, there is absolutely no justification for anyone to be writing checks at the grocers' nor for grocers to accept them.

You sound like the type of person that would shove someone else's child off a swing [[who was there first) because your child likes that particular swing and feels they should be swinging on it.
    As any abortion clinic bomber would concur
    sorry, but sstash & 313WX you are comparing apples to oranges.

first, a kid playing on the swing isn't being an asshole, second, pushing a cart out of the way isn't blowing up someone else's property and possibly killing or maiming. get real

I just had an idea...

Instead of coupons that one clips out of the paper, why not advertise sale items with a code. Consumer sets up an account with retailer, goes on line and enters code into their account. When consumer patronizes said establishment and purchases item with related code they automatically get the discounted price. Would cut down on a bunch of BS.

If you see this, remember who thought of it.

I just had an idea...

Instead of coupons that one clips out of the paper, why not advertise sale items with a code. Consumer sets up an account with retailer, goes on line and enters code into their account. When consumer patronizes said establishment and purchases item with related code they automatically get the discounted price. Would cut down on a bunch of BS.

If you see this, remember who thought of it.

Or, one could simply utilize what Kroger and CVS do [[with the Plus and Extra Care Card).

Quote: "Next time I'm in a store when that happens I'll likely say to the person... excuse me, but Sstashmoo.... is that you?? "

I just pretend to be one.. shhhh..

Erie is my kind of person. When we go to Aldis they are always understaffed. If a person behind us has just a few items we always wave them forward.

Not too long ago we were in kroger, the express line was empty and the clerk trying to be effiecient waved us over. We had a cart full. I was grateful because I felt under the weather. A few people who came behind us pitched a major bitch session. I felt sorry for the poor clerk since she did the right thing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast