Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default rosa parks transit center

Does anyone know when the new transit center will open. It appears that it was almost completed then stopped

Idk. Hope before the Fireworks though. It has taken longer to build than the empire state building!!

Also now we can watch the Port Authority terminal get built as well!

Bearinabox Guest

DDOT is saying June. They just came out with a [[long-overdue) new system map that shows the new transit center, among other things.

Where can I view this new system map?

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Where can I view this new system map?
    The DDOT main office on E. Warren, neighborhood city halls, and DPL branches should all have them. I don't think there's an online version.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    The DDOT main office on E. Warren, neighborhood city halls, and DPL branches should all have them. I don't think there's an online version.
    Main Branch DPL doesn't have system maps as of today, either on the rack by the Woodward entrance or the one in the north wing of the addition. Then again, they have boxes and boxes of bus schedules haphazardly tossed behind the desk where the Woodward-ward rack is, so maybe there are some in there somewhere that they haven't put on the racks.

1301 E. Warren is probably your best bet. If they don't have them, nobody does.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Does anyone know when the new transit center will open. It appears that it was almost completed then stopped
    The RPTC will be up and running by the time the summer school-close schedules go into effect on June 20, 2009, if not before...,barring any unforeseen delays. That's when the schedule timetables will be adjusted on the affected lines into the center. I do understand there is to be a grand opening ceremony held sometime around that date, but a soft-opening could occur not long after the canopy installation is completed....which is currently being installed. So far no official word has come down on an early date.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    1301 E. Warren is probably your best bet. If they don't have them, nobody does.
    Copies of the new 2009 DDOT system maps, featuring the transit center on the cover, have been distributed to the terminals since last week. I know for a fact that a number of drivers do have copies, you could ask one if they might have one.