Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default special valentine offer for DetroitYES! members

hey, folks! thanks for all the kind words about The Kwame Sutra. I really appreciate the comment of the cat who emphasized supporting brick and mortar detroit businesses. for what it's worth, the books sold at www.kwamesutra.com are shipped out of my home in east english village, a pile of brick and mortar that's been around since just after lindbergh got home from paris to visit his ma's house.

we offered the book to John King -- and he declined. But we are at bedrock rock city shops like Pure Detroit, The Anchor, Leopold's, Good Girls Go to Paris, Hugh and anyone else who will carry us! We're finally catching our breath and hoping to get the book into more independent shops. if you know a retailer we should contact, please ask them to contact us or let me know how to contact them.

at any rate, like you, we believe in supporting detroit. we have already donated $1,000 to Eagle Sports Club [[www.eaglesportsclub.com), which has almost single-handedly saved Balduck Park. They provide sports and tutoring for more than 2,000 kids every year. They will receive a portion of every sale we make. jim and i are both former coaches with eagle sports and hope you will check them out. we talk about them every time we do an interview because we want to help them get their message out. it's certainly more important than anything in our book!

but enough yakking. here's the special offer [[this is what we call in the news business "burying your lede"):

If you buy the book on our website and include a note that says you heard about it on DetroitYES!, we'll sign the book with just about any message you want to whomever you want at the regular price. Just buy it early enough to give us time to sign, pack and ship it.

And, as always, thanks so much for your support of our work -- both the serious stuff and this lark.

ml

Hi ML -- what a great deal! I hope your girlfriend doesn't mind you signing that you're secretly in love with me.

OK, just kidding! I have to think about what I want you to sign, so I'll place my order in the morning. So glad you joined the forum!

i may be a one-woman man, but the kwame sutra is out to please everyone!