Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Maroun loses lawsuit

I heard today that the Bridge Company lost the lawsuit and must complete truck ramps from the bridge directly to freeway. Any details out there?

Lawmaker: Court decision protects tax payer dollars and public health
    LANSING--State Representative Rashida Tlaib [[D-Southwest Detroit) today praised the Wayne County Circuit Court for ordering that the Detroit International Bridge Company [[DIBC) comply with publically-approved plans in constructing truck ramps to remove trucks from local neighborhoods.
    "I am pleased to see that the justice system prevailed in protecting our tax dollars and public health. The Gateway Project was presented to our community as one that would remove 10,000 trucks from the Ambassador Bridge everyday from our local neighborhoods,” said Tlaib. This is a victory for our residents who live in the shadow of this massive project. I am thankful for the outcome of this suit. The residents of Southwest Detroit play by the rules. Big businesses should also.”

The DIBC owns and operates the Ambassador Bridge, which connects Detroit to Windsor, Canada. The Michigan Department of Transportation had sued the company, alleging that the company’s newly-constructed truck ramp did not comply with the approved plan or construction bond for the project.
    The original purpose and need of the Gateway Project was to remove truck traffic from neighborhood roads by directly routing trucks from the Ambassador Bridge to the freeway system. “The Gateway Project has been an important development for Southwest Detroit, and it’s essential that our families are not punished for hosting this project,” said Tlaib.

This decision follows a U.S. Attorney’s response filed last month in another case regarding the illegal activities of the Ambassador Bridge. “The federal government stated that the Ambassador Bridge Company is NOT a federal instrumentality – a claim the company has been making to justify its lack of compliance with the original design submitted to the state and federal governments.” The United States has also requested an injunction against the Ambassador Bridge Company to stop them from making such a claim.

And the trucks keep on rolling thru the hood....

I rarely use the Ambassador Bridge anyways but Moroun will never get any of my tolls. I'll use the tunnel instead.

Nice victory for Michigan State Supreme Court. Not Marty MAROON! will have spend more of his mills to flow truck traffic and keep it out of Main roads.

So sick of heavy trucks on Rosa Parks......