Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Another Obama lie

http://rawstory.com/2010/02/obama-grows-the-drug-war/

I thought this War On Drugs, I mean this War On The American People was going to stop or at least be dimished with this administration. That's one thing I applauded Mr. Obama's administration for. I guess they even duped a person as skeptical about politicians as me on that one.

Fool me once, shame on....me, fool me twice....you can't get fooled again!

in order for it to be a lie, he would have to have said something about de-escalating it...I never heard him say anything at all one way or the other

"Stop" drug laws enforcement? Surely you jest.

Until we understand addiction and treatment the war on drugs is just an exercise in futility...

Until we take out the profits and attack the roots .... the costs to protect us is only going to half the problem....accessible alternatives to heal addiction ...also if we send youth to prison for initial violations..they get the MS in trafficking and first hand gang banger training in prisons..without any rehabilitation and what a recruitment program...

anyone knows cutting the tail off of some lizards only lets the real important part slip away...haven't we learned anything from history? stop addiction in it's roots ..with the addicts themselves and their families....have more resources put into ...not touchy feel good programs that use 30 days worth of insurance and looks good but on real recovery programs that have a chance of success...Drug courts are gaining ground because they include community re-entry and interventions....war on drugs is another way of throwing money at part of the problem...

we should know better by now than to believe a politician

well that may be true to an extent ...but who do we put our faith in?

certainly not those in Nashville this weekend and their schemes...
    not the party of no
    not the balless democrats who threw Obama under the bus...

maybe Nader .....that woudl be really interesting...But I still will give Obama another year ....

Another Obama lie

Another futile attempt by the right wing to create a story where there is none.

yes 72...does the right realize that this anger is so destructive to healing our fractured country... I know the left had it's issues with Bush...but I have never seen such blatant hate...and where was this fiscal tea party when these bailouts and debts were being run up? oh yes they were in the mountains and hollows and attending KKK meetings [[yes that is true that the Klan in OK & surrounding states has adopted the tea party as their voice) as anti-taxers and were hiding cop killer firearms..not they aren't the dupes of the fringe of the republicans....

Not all republicans or independents support this dangerous agenda...but it figures that Perry [[let's make Texas it's own country) and Palin [[let's make Alaska it' own country)...are holding these guys hand metaphorically.

This is a non story. I don't recall Obama making any campaign promises in regards to drug enforcement. Plus, given all the drug activity going on around the US, Mexico border, its probably a good idea to step up enforcement.

Retroit Guest

You can always tell when Obama is lying...

...his lips are moving...

...behind a teleprompter.

What is it with some people and teleprompters? NO public speaker works without one

it seems to be a question of "we really don't have much to say against him today...so let's find something" ....I know people hit Bush with the same issues..this is a mute point since we had notes and podiums prior to this not new phenomena....

Nice dodge, "I never heard about it so it's not true." I can put my hands over my eyes and ignore reality too. I remember it clearly, and actually thought he might do something good for the country. I just did a google search and came up with numerous MSM articles on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336
    What is it with some people and teleprompters? NO public speaker works without one
    Are you trying to make us laugh? That's an absolute statement and you know it's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Another Obama lie

Another futile attempt by the right wing to create a story where there is none.
    I didn't know being anti-drug war was "right wing." Any one of you "right-wingers" here consider being against the War on Drugs a.k.a. the War on the People to be "right-wing?"

Well, it's becoming increasingly apparent every day, with the legislation he signs and the policies he continues, that the silly overused political slogans Obama used during his campaign were one big lie themselves. There is no change, and it's starting to look like there's no hope with this guy's administration.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Nice dodge, "I never heard about it so it's not true." I can put my hands over my eyes and ignore reality too. I remember it clearly, and actually thought he might do something good for the country. I just did a google search and came up with numerous MSM articles on the subject.
    and yet you fail to link to any of them. that is a dodge

Are you trying to make us laugh? That's an absolute statement and you know it's not true.
    ok, some public speakers use podiums and notes instead.

That publication is made by some conservative blogger. Obama haven't put the war on drugs on his agenda. You all stop being mediated those goofy bloggers and stop believing of what the media is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    There is no change, and it's starting to look like there's no hope with this guy's administration.
    Then you and the other cons here should be very happy with the current state of the country. Obama is just continuing what your boy, GWB started, give yourself a hug.