Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Tonight's Let it Rip!

Looks like they are going to throw down on LIR tonight!
    Mongo and Moncon are on spouting more shite.

As an aside MonCon's bro got sentenced to five years in prison today.

I hear the words "we" "they" "us" "them" being used quite a bit [[between all the shouting). With this attitude, it is no wonder Monica and the city council are unable to work with the region to get the Cobo deal done.

my ears hurt :-[[

I dunno Leland, I WANT to be sympathetic to your pain...

...but if you stood on RR tracks and got run over by the goddamn train I could muster up more feeling for you.

Cheers!

lilpup Guest

thread's no good without a link

Here is the link to part two.

blksoul_x Guest

This is the very reason why we [[Black Africans in Detroit) are in dire need of our very own Black media outlet. One that can talk to the people in solitude, in only a way the we can understand without the worry of racist backlash. To be sure, most 'basic-white' viewers of tonights Huge Perkings 'let it rip' sambo attack on Black humanity are probably sitting around the TV scoff'n and taut'n our behavior, because they misread our passion as idiotic.

Why do the people that represent the Black voice, continue to show up, support and encourage the appetite of the white 'lynch mob' media and its quest to capitalize off our unique character, and temperament. We are wasting time, talking to people that never intended to understand our frustration and passion for basic human equality.

When will our community wake up!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the color you love to hate!

Blksoul, WTF?? The "unique character and temperament" are the root of much of the troubles you blame on "racist" media and "basic white" perception.
    You wear your own prejudice as a badge of honor while whimpering about your victimization, perpetuating both.
    The truth is, that Mr. Mongo sounded like a fool and only further hurt the chances of the region coming together to improve Detroit for the citizens of the region.

What you fail so miserably at recognizing, for one thing, is that in society it's normal for people to cooperate in order to acomplish what's necessary to improve things. You are drowning and refuse any life preserver because you're too poud or just more comfortable wallowing in you own racist attitude.

The truth is, statewide frustration with Detroit politics and policies has everything to do with content of character [[or lack thereof) and nothing to do with skin color. It's irrelevant. Detroit just elects too many do-nothing, "unique characters". Why not support someone for mayor who will honestly work to improve the city and relations in the region with anyone who will help?

Adolph Mongo doesn't speak for all African American Detroiters. Why he is constantly allowed to come on these issue shows with his histrionics is amazing? He does African Americans a disservice, but the local news stations that put him on know this. So as crazy as he sounds, there is always a hint of truth to what he says. Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    This isn't the white/black thing that you and others try to make it, it is a grown up vs. children thing.
    Whether it's this topic or something else, I think 'Let it Rip' is childish. There's never any reasoned discussion or debate between the parties, just a lot of emotional yelling. All it does is polorize people into different, opposing positions.

Ah, ha ha! You all got played for suckers by reply to the new local racist's post. Why bother? It is like arguing with David Duke, Farakhan, Henry Ford...Don't waste your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Ah, ha ha! You all got played for suckers by reply to the new local racist's post. Why bother? It is like arguing with David Duke, Farakhan, Henry Ford...Don't waste your breath.

I know Goat but damn it BS like that just pisses me off. You may remember saying the same thing to me when Rasputin was still around.

Stosh Guest

After watching this travesty unfold last night, I have a few observations:

First, FOX 2 should be ashamed of themselves for even having this type of show on television. They are, by far, the biggest offender regionally when it comes to inflammatory media programming. Under the guise of reporting, they have managed, during the running of this program, to poison the dialogue between the suburbs and Detroit further than it already had been.

Why they had Johnson on there in the first place is anyone's guess. The voice of regionalism? I'm sure he rued the decision to come on that show.

Second, Mongo, Monica, and Riddle aren't doing anyone any favors by acting that way on TV. They actually enjoy race and suburb baiting. I'd expect that FOX 2 will probably offer them a long term deal for a comedy show sometime in the future, once the state takes over Detroit and the well runs dry for the lot of them, or politicians that have a shred of sense get into power that will hire political consultants of a better caliber.

You are right Gumby. We just need to learn from our mistakes

Don't flatter yourself Blksoul. You are one of a very few that look at things in the heavy manner in which you do.

On the other hand, I loved the LIR episode. It spoke volumns and I am looking forward to Monica, Sam and Adolph leading the expansion and renovation of the Convention Center. I do wish them the best.

Aside to all the theatrics, I absolutely can't wait till Monica Conyers runs for Mayor and wins. I will be in her corner all the way. One just can't pay enough for that amount of entertainment.

Carman, please do not wish that upon us. Please.

Let er Rip is nothing but a gussied up version of WWF local policics on parade. FOX plays up the yell down as something to entertain folks. If FOX could get dog fighting on TV, they'd do it.
    This is the next best thing and the city suffers even more because of it. Just a lot of posturing and blame tossed around. No serious discussion at all.

lilpup Guest

If people have the wherewithall to take a step back and just observe, LIR is great for showing participants' true personalities when they let their guards down, as Mongo and Conyers seemed to do. Riddle, for the most part, seemed to hold back and have a little chuckle. Johnson was totally out of his element.

Conyers is in for a rude awakening soon. She seems to truly believe she has support but displays like this will chase away any who just voted for the name.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    If people have the wherewithall to take a step back and just observe, LIR is great for showing participants' true personalities when they let their guards down, as Mongo and Conyers seemed to do. Riddle, for the most part, seemed to hold back and have a little chuckle. Johnson was totally out of his element.

Agreed. Riddle couldn't get a word in even if he wanted to.

Conyers is in for a rude awakening soon. She seems to truly believe she has support but displays like this will chase away any who just voted for the name.
    Ya never know. Kwame was voted in twice

People like Nat X, I mean "Blksoul" and Mongo and Monica and Riddle love racism. So much so that they invent it when it doesn't exist. It gives them someone/something to blame for the state of everything, without having to admit any culpability.

It's also why people like Jesse Jackson were pissed when Obama won the election. Obama was never one of those black politicians who stays in office by blaming whitey and fanning the flames of racial conflict regardless of whether or not it actually exists. It's a cheap and easy to appeal to people's anger and to keep them on your side--much the same way the Bush family did with Saddam Hussein [[who used to be kinda friendly with the US--remember?). Demonize an entity and get everyone riled up, then get re-elected. When popularity wanes, fan the flames again.

I think [[hope, so to speak) that with the rise of a politician like Obama, people might finally be seeing the light, and won't be easily swayed by cynical politicians who only get elected by pitting their constituents against an imaginary enemy.

detroitchef Guest

Total BS. The kind of people who vote for dopes like Conyers would totally applaud her and Mongo's performances the other night. To those idiots, grandstanding and shameful positions on untenetable tenets is considered 'standing up' for the populace. In certain circles, stuff like that LIR edition will actually gain the silly [[[[[[[[[ votes.

Look at Blksoul's reaction, typical kneejerk support right off the bat, based on the skin color of the individuals coupled with tired and worn out 1960's rhetoric. That's the kind of idiot that votes these clowns into office and then plays cheerleader while catering to their every whim. Once we, as a Black Community realize that we have to hold our member accountable for their own actions and stop assisting a bunch of dead white guys in oppressing us through segregation via history; will we be truely vested in our own communities.

Blksoul doesn't speak for the Black Populace, and he only trolls on here to get your knickers up in a twist. I have my own, private suspicion that it's actually Lowell himself, or an accomplice posting a fake personna with Lowells complicit knowledge and/or ermission: solely to drum up postings and conversation around here. If a white guy came on, pounding a bunch of 'Basic Black Person' crapola and espousing a Segragation friendly platform, I bet they'd be deleted in a heartbeat. Lowell should simply send the dude packing to THE BOARD THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED

Conyers et all represent the worst of any politician, irregardless of skin color. All they are is a bunch of money grubbing, selfish parasites.

This came out earlier in the day yesterday. I love how Mongo badmouths Cockrel one moment and toasts him with champaign the next. He is clearly a political mercenary and probably dosen't believe half the things he says just like Sam.

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/d...php?blogid=192

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast