Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default About Fisher Body 21 and Detroit ?!

I am currently doing a project about Detroit and Fisher Body 21. And want to find the floor plan of Fisher Body 21, don't know if anyone here got any...becuase I found quite a lot of photos online, but couldn't find any plans of it.

Another thing I would like to know is about downtown Detroit. I know there is an Auto show every year and there should be quite a lot of people come to visit. So except the Auto show period, is there not much people walking around in the city and downtown?

I think you guys may know detroit more than me and could provide some useful information.

Thanks so much~!

Calista-there are things going on in Detroit and surrounding suburbs, all the time.

Calista, welcome to the forum!

You will want to view the "Old Car Factories" Hall of Fame Threads. There are 24 of those threads and it will probably take you a dozen hours to read all of them.
    Click here to see the links to all 24 threads. Click here to view a spreadsheet that identifies the old auto manufacturers, the locations of their factories and the thread numbers where a picture or a Sanborn map can be found. Go to page 6 of the spreadsheet to find the Fisher Body plant listings. It appears that there may not be a Sanborn map of the FB Plant #21.

The following OCF Threads have posts that mention FB #21 and/or adjacent FB plants:
    #3 [[
    Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 12:54 am)
    [[Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 6:30 am)
    [[Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 6:11 pm)

I have not recently checked OCF Threads #11 through 17 to see if they contain FB info., so to save yourself some time, look at 3, #6, #18 and then #11-17.

If not #21, there are several other nearby Fisher Body sites, one of which is still operational, 3 blocks to the north, though it's no longer Fisher.

Thanks for the information, just had a look of them~