Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Patterson over Granholm?

Does anyone know why NewsRadio 95 [[WWJ 950 AM) would choose to carry L. Brooks Patterson’s 2010 State of the County Address on the air instead of Gov. Jennifer Granholm's Final State of the State Address? Although the station carried Granholm's address via audio stream on their website, I feel it should have been the other way around?

My guess would be that Michigan as a whole is in terrible shape in every way and according to Patterson, Oakland County is doing amazingly well with extremely encouraging signs of growth, etc.

Oh, and WWJ is located in Southfield so there may be a mild political bias...

Theye were run at the same time? My question would be directed at Patterson's bad timing if that's the case.

As for WWJ, aren't they based in Oakland County? Wouldn't it make sense for them to carry the more local story knowing that others would be carrying the state story?

I heard the Gov. on WWJ last night around 9.

Could it have something to do with Granholm's lack of credibility? Does it really matter what she says?

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Theye were run at the same time? My question would be directed at Patterson's bad timing if that's the case.

As for WWJ, aren't they based in Oakland County? Wouldn't it make sense for them to carry the more local story knowing that others would be carrying the state story?
    According to his camp, Patterson scheduled first. Granholm scheduled over him for the second year in a row.

I would think that WWJ could play any one of Granholm's last seven SOS speeches for those who missed her speech yesterday.

She was on! Jeez, can't anybody read?

Quote Originally Posted by carlscomputers View Post
    Does anyone know why NewsRadio 95 [[WWJ 950 AM) would choose to carry L. Brooks Patterson’s 2010 State of the County Address on the air instead of Gov. Jennifer Granholm's Final State of the State Address? Although the station carried Granholm's address via audio stream on their website, I feel it should have been the other way around?
    Conservative Bias.

It was the same old Jenny last night. "When we took over seven years ago, blah blah blah" She still blames Engler for everything but the Spanish Inquisitions. And she's looking for a link to Madrid I hear.

Seriously though what did she say new? Nothing. Job programs to retrain workers a hundred thousand at a time. What about the workers that don't qualify, say five years or so from federal eligibility for Social Security. What agency is going to invest time and money in retraining them?
    So what happens to them, welfare, sleeping in a doorway or under a bridge? Or do you REQIURE them to agree to work for at least ten more years to justify the outlay in funding? Again in the S of the S she made emphasis on YOUNG workers, so I guess if you are over fourty just pack up and leave.

And no, I have been fortunate, but many of my friends have not. We have worked for fourty, fifty years and this is the reward for being good taxpaying working productive citizens.

It was wonderful her parents were there, and hearing how her mother can pinch a penny. And she is a registered Republican in California. Did any of this have a place in the State of the State Address?

She had a better interview with more substance on the Paul W. Smith show on WJR this morining IMO. She spoke of the need to redo the State Constitution on the interview, unless I missed it when I let the dogs out nothing was said in the S of the S address last night. I would rather heard of that and her ideas of new revenue sources instead of how mom pinches pennies.

And yes, I voted for Jenny the first time around, but definitely not the last time around.