Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Bring Jersey Shore to Detroit

They are letting people vote on the destination of the next Jersey Shore. The locations are a bunch of warm spots and Detroit! We are in the lead and it would be hilarious if they shot here! vote often!

http://remotecontrol.mtv.com/2010/02...wo-take-place/

I have been voting frequently and often since they started talking about yesterday on The Ticket. South Boston is gaining on Detroit.

That show is like a train wreck. I can't stop watching! I voted.

Long Lake Guest

Macomb Township would be our version of Jersey Shore.

Shelby, Harrison, Clinton Townships would also be in the running.

And the point of that show is...???

Still, it would be entertaining to see it in Detroit. Southie would be a riot [[maybe even literally), too.

Chaldean-Americans are to Michigan and Italian-Americans are to New Jersey.

Stick a bunch of 20-something Chaldeans onto Mackinaw Island or West Coast Michigan and bam you got our version of Jersey Shore.

Long Lake Guest

We have plenty of Italian-Americans who act "Jersey-shore"-like around the Hall Road corridor, which is why I mentioned the Macomb Twp. area and environs.

But if we want to spotlight the more colorful youth of the Chaldean-American community, I heartily recommend Sterling Heights.

I've never watched the show, but if you guys want it, that's good enough for me. I voted for Detroit!

While the people on J-shore and any future show will inevitably be deplorable [[therein lies the entertainment value, they say), it would be hard for the show to cast a negative light on its setting. But then again, maybe not. Those familiar with the jersey shore know that it is continuously dotted with small cities, each of which is radically different, and each of which hosts a different subsect of society. But due to this show, people who are not familiar might associate the entire shore or even all of NJ with the rather disgusting scenes they see on the show. So while a lurid show like this probably could not hurt Detroit, it might create more inaccurate generalizations about it.

I'm pretty sure there's no way they'd film here...at least without a subsidy.

Being an Italian American, I find this show hilarious. They found the most outlandish train wreck people, fuel them with alcohol, and watch the aftermath. I hope we all understand that all Italians aren't like that, and I think most people do. I just really hate it when people say stuff to me about it because they know I'm Italian and want to lump me in with them, although I don't act like these people what so ever and would be embarrassed to even associate with them. Having said that, I look forward to watching these people make complete fools out of themselves on the next season.

*fist pump!*

My only thought: GTL, bro.

Long Lake Guest

Mackinaw is correct; most of the Jersey shore is nothing like this.

In fact, much of the Jersey shore, especially the northern parts [[closer to NYC) is really expensive and upscale; not unlike a pricier version of the Charlevoix area. Go to places like Deal or Spring Lake.

No. Stay in Jersey.

No, please, God, no. If you live in this region or love this city, do NOT vote for Detroit. This would be nothing but bad press for us. Why embarrass ourselves nationally by putting our biggest idiots on TV for all to see?? We already have the the Clowncil and the Auto Companies to take care of that for us. Keep Jersey Shore somewhere it belongs -- don't make things worse here. I am ashamed all of you think this ridiculous TV show should be in Detroit. What good would that do for us?

Odds are they'd leave here in body bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    No. Stay in Jersey.
    I second this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    No, please, God, no. If you live in this region or love this city, do NOT vote for Detroit. This would be nothing but bad press for us. Why embarrass ourselves nationally by putting our biggest idiots on TV for all to see?? We already have the the Clowncil and the Auto Companies to take care of that for us. Keep Jersey Shore somewhere it belongs -- don't make things worse here. I am ashamed all of you think this ridiculous TV show should be in Detroit. What good would that do for us?
    Not a fan of the show??

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    No. Stay in Jersey.
    I voted for the Congo. Jersey is still too close for comfort.

I say we rent a house in Indian village, get a group of DetroitYes.com people all liquored up and move in. Do it Detroit Style. On national TV.

don't want 'em here either. stay put

Blarf Guest

That show is retarded, and so is anyone who watches it.

You will change your mind once you are in the show.

gravitymachine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BShea View Post
    Odds are they'd leave here in body bags.
    this is the only reason i'd vote for detroit. but i'd have to be willing to visit their website, which i'm not. fuck those undeservingly glorified assholes

I hope they do not bring that show here. As a 22 year old student here at WSU, id be annoyed of the talk that would go on in the hallways like "oh did you watch jersey shore?!" . And as a Chaldean-American who was born and raised here and can speak aramaic fluently too, I'd be offended if they put Chaldeans on that show. Here at WSU i still get told by White/Caucasian students and professors "Oh your cool for a Chaldean, you dont act like a ~~~~~~~~~" when i always give the response that they shouldn't generalize every Chaldean-American as a guido or hard ass. And i do not blame a lot of the Italian-American organizations in this country for boycotting that show because it puts a negative stereotype/generalization on their community. Keep that shit out, anything else im for though

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast