Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Old downtown Detroit color video

Anyone ever came across these? I thought they were way cool! I think theres 4 parts to the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MNpo...eature=related

Been there, done that

Figured most of the forumers would've stumbled across it but it's too good to not at least mention.

The Gayety Theater

When I was in the 7th grade, the Gayety Theater was the boys's concept of the ultimate in sinful behavior.

They always had a little ad in the News.

How long did the "Brass Rail" last? I am assuming that it is long gone.

Yes.

I recall them being deleted at one point. Apparently some good samaritan took time out of their busy life to re-upload them.

The Brass Rail facade worked its way north and is now installed outside the Kruse and Muer pub in downtown Rochester. I do not know when it was moved from Detroit, but it sure does look in nice shape. One point, it the pic above you can see the man on the left lifting a mug, on that mug are the intials, BR.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    The Gayety Theater

When I was in the 7th grade, the Gayety Theater was the boys's concept of the ultimate in sinful behavior.

They always had a little ad in the News.
    My grandmother used to go there with her girlfriends! I laughed when I found out she went there, because she was a little Polish lady whose apartment looked like the Vatican gift shop.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Been there, done that
    Nice work, Danny. Don't be polite about it, or anything like that. Jeez.

One Shot, it's true that some of us have already seen that clip, but thanks for making sure.
    Love the hats!!

Yeah, I saw it before, too, but it was enjoyable cranking it up again.

Actually, it was filmed in another galaxy, far away............

I'd never seen it. Thanks for posting it. Although as a "youngster", I couldn't recognize too much other than Mich Ave by the old ball park, some spots of Woodward, and Cadillac Square.

detroitjim Guest

I aint never seen that before either.
    Thanks for reminding us of what we had here before it got so terribly diseased.

Thanks for the link. I don't ever remember seeing the DSR STREET CARS IN COLOR..