Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Winfrey to run for Secretary of State.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...etary-of-state

Winfrey appears to have made a lot of improvements to the City's voting system. Does anyone know anything about her competition, Jocelyn Benson, for the democratic nomination?

Meh, I wonder why she's in such a hurry to gain higher office. It sort of goes against the narrative of her as a spunky individual just trying to run against Currie. Maybe that was never the case ...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Meh, I wonder why she's in such a hurry to gain higher office. It sort of goes against the narrative of her as a spunky individual just trying to run against Currie. Maybe that was never the case ...
    Interesting thought. At least she'll probably put on a better showing than the Dems last two candidates [[I hope she goes to Dutch Girls just for the donuts). At the rate things are going, she may be the only Dem on the ballot.

I guess Oprah will need something to keep her busy after her talk show ends next year.

What? Oh....never mind.

I can understand Ms. Winfrey desire to seek higher office but the problem that she may face is that she is going to have the stink of Kilpatrick on her. I know she was not part of his administration but she represented Detroit in some capacity and voters from Western and Northern Michigan is going to be reminded that she was there during Kilpatrick's time when he was doing everything to put Detroit in an negative light. I wish her luck.

http://r8rbob.wordpress.com