Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Third Street Saloon

What is the current status on Third Street Saloon? It looks as if production has been halted. Last summer it looked as if it was going to be open in mid to late 2009.

Corner of Forest and Third?

Quote Originally Posted by j to the jeremy View Post
    Corner of Forest and Third?
    Yeah. Used to be owned by that Briggs guy.

Hey, I just saw some Facebook thingy from the Midtown suits.

"Spotlight: Third Bar -- The former Third Street Saloon is back open! Located at Forest & Third, check out Midtown's newest bar."

Third Bar? Lame name...

Route29 Guest

It opened Friday. It's a nice place. Cheap beer and nice atmosphere. They plan to have food.

Halted? Try the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Route29 View Post
    It opened Friday. It's a nice place. Cheap beer and nice atmosphere. They plan to have food.

Halted? Try the door.
    They used to have the best burgers. I doubt it'll be just as it was, of course. So many memories over the years! This was the bar I used to hang out at when I lived at the Hollenden in 1990...

Route29 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    They used to have the best burgers. I doubt it'll be just as it was, of course. So many memories over the years! This was the bar I used to hang out at when I lived at the Hollenden in 1990...
    I used to live in the Hollenden but about five years ago. Best seat in the house for Dally.

Quote Originally Posted by Route29 View Post
    I used to live in the Hollenden but about five years ago. Best seat in the house for Dally.
    I had the rear, ground-floor unit. In 1990, I only barely knew of the Dally then. Woke up to bongos and beer. That was an odd morning.

The Hollenden rings bell but I can't quite place it. Is its address on Hancock?

Quote Originally Posted by Lnfant View Post
    The Hollenden rings bell but I can't quite place it. Is its address on Hancock?
    Northwest corner of Second and Forest. Built around 1912.

Holy crap, I lived in the Hollenden apts in 1992-93. I was on the second floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lnfant View Post
    Holy crap, I lived in the Hollenden apts in 1992-93. I was on the second floor.
    I was out by 1991. But we had some cool folks in there: Tony Boy, Wendy, Ophelia, et al. I think we all contributed to the landlord's heart attack years later ...

Best thing they could do is hire Iris back to make those delicious pizzas. Best Ive ever had..

Electric darts?? WTF

The old Third Street Bar had the best eclectic atmosphere of any bar in the WSU area. They had the bathroom door thingies from the old Song Shop. The previous owners had great taste! It was fun watching them slowly expand the business, til, as I understood it, his dad sold it out from under him .

I liked the old Third Street Saloon... it was within walking distance of my tiny apartment at the Renaud. Always a lively crowd, loud bands.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    The old Third Street Bar had the best eclectic atmosphere of any bar in the WSU area. They had the bathroom door thingies from the old Song Shop. The previous owners had great taste! It was fun watching them slowly expand the business, til, as I understood it, his dad sold it out from under him .
    You don't have the full story, Rick. But I certainly agree with your sentiments about Third Street as a bar. Stop by the bar one night this week when I'm working and I'll give you the scoop.