Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Skipper's Hamtown Bar Opening.

Skipper's Hamtown Bar is up and running at 9735 Conant Street @ Evaline in Hamtramck, 48212. Temporary hours are 6PM monday through saturday. Stop by, shoot some pool, throw some darts. meet some cool people and listen to some goooood music.

Glad you listed hours. Plan to come with some old denizens from Field.

Skipper's Hamtown open @ 10AM Punchki Day, Fat Tuesday, February 16th. Stop by and check out our selection of beers and liquors. And drink a few while your at it. Polish Muslims music. No, not the band. Unfortunately, they're already booked all over town. Punchkis and coffee and coffee and Punchkis to go with your beer and liquor. A fine way to celebrate 40 days of penance and sacrifice in the true Catholic way. Hope to see you while making your rounds in Hamtown.

Skipper's Hamtown Bar opens at 10AM on Punchki Day. It's our first Punchki Day so we'll probably be a bit more subdued than most Punchki celebrations, but fun regardless. Punchkis, munchies, coffee and drinks to accompany Polish Muslim's and Polka music. Darts, pool and games for those wishing to hang out. Stop by and check out Hamtown's newest 'Almost Dive' Bar located at 9735 Conant Street@Evaline, Hamtramck 48212.

It's our first Punchki Day
    Paczki Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Paczki Day.
    Sorry Pam. You can tell I'm not much of a Pole. I had to spell it phonetically. It took me years of hanging out with Polish bartenders, the Bobricki girls, to learn how to say it correctly.

Stop by Skipper's Hamtown to get your two day old Poonchkies. Free to the first 100 customers. They were drinking a lot on Poonchky day but they weren't eating a lot of Poonchkies.

FYI , the front of the bar is now RED. The awning no longer says Chill and Mingle, though a shadow still exists, and the door is white with black dots. There's a green, neon, BAR sign in the middle window. This week, weather and business permitting, the awning will be cleaned, painted and/or lettered and art painted on the facade. I'm planning a large mural along one of the interior walls. It's been conceptualized and initiated by a local artist and will be topical with Hamtramck street scenes.

Skipper's Hamtown is now open at 4PM monday through friday and 6PM on saturday until 2AM each morning. John Lopez, former manager of Union Street and Majestic and former owner, co-owner of Atlas Global Bistro and Twingo's is now tending bar afternoons. Stop by and say 'hello'. Enjoy one of our extensive selection of beers, micro-brews or have a glass of house wine. The juke box is vintage Skipper's music from the downtown bar. Skipper's Hamtown = 9735 Conant Street@Evaline Hamtramck, MI 48212 = 248 895 6301 = www.skippershamtown.com =
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; March-23-10 at 12:02 PM.

Check out www.skippershamtown.com to see our beer and wine lists. We now have 6 NA and 2 gluten-free beers, as well as a nice selection of wines by the glass. Wine by the bottle available soon. John Lopez, formerly owner, co-owner of Twingo's and The Atlas Global Bistro, manager of Union Street and The Majestic, is now on staff afternoons, monday through friday, 4PM until 8PM.

RED WINGS PLAYOFF GAMES on teevee at Skipper's. Midnight Happy Hour drink specials. Open until 2AM monday through saturday. Hold your special events and meetings here. Backyard patio coming soon. Go to www.skippershamtown.com to get on our mailing list. Looking forward to seeing you.

Faygo check.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Faygo check.
    Still no Faygo. They tried to put me on the Hamster wheel again.You know the, "it's not my department, you have to speak to so and so or leave a message." I simply said, "here's my information, when you think you can get someone out to see me or you can send me product/price information, please do so." They seemed happier about that than I was. If the occasion arises where I find Faygo at another source, say Restuarant Depot or Sam's Club, I'll acquire it. Sorry.

OPEN MIC at Skipper's Hamtown beginning this coming tuesday, May 11 at 9PM and continuing each tuesday at 9PM. Hosted by Rachael Taylor. Music, poetry and art. Bring your ax, your art and show and tell. Meet old friends and greet new ones. Life drawings of artists and musicians at work. www.skippershamtown.com

Open mic tonight [[tuesday may 11) at 9PM with Rachael Taylor. Bring your ax and your art. Slammin' and jammin', showin' and tellin'. See ya'. www.skippershamtown.com
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; May-11-10 at 11:32 AM.

Open mic tonight @ 9PM, hosted by Rachael Taylor. Join Ben [[attached photos) and others for some musical fun. Shoot pool, throw darts and jam. = www.skippershamtown.com =
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; May-28-10 at 11:34 AM.

Open Mic on tuesday, June 1 @ 9PM. Drink specials this weekend, friday and saturday. Closed sunday and monday, Memorial Day. Have a nice holiday. Remember our Veterans. Art pictured is by Brian Taylor and Guy Budziak. Guy's work can be viewed @ www.filmnoirwoodcuts.com. For more info about Brian's work, call 248 895 6301.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; June-29-10 at 12:06 PM.

How's the crowd? Are there ever any fights!?

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    Yeah... if you can promise at least a couple of fights per night, I'm there.

You'd better not start one while Rachael is in the house...she will clean your clock, then reset it...and grin on her way back to her seat.

Only worse if you get her AND her 'old man' after you.

That is your only warning, TerryH. LOL

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    Shit man, after some of my rantings and ravings here at DY, there are people coming to the bar, looking to clean my clock. As Gannon said, the only thing saving my ass is Rachael. She'll knock you out. First with her music and then...., well. Do you have any good ideas? Maybe fight night at Skipper's?

You guys are funny. Thanks for the humour. I get a few minutes of laughs between work and work at the bar. Now, about Gannon.........you have yet to come out and jam. Talk about fights, I'm gonna kick yer YKW, if you don't get over here and make some music.

Open Mic Tuesday June 1 @ 9PM at Skipper's Hamtown. See photos above for Art and Music. Stop by and play, read and show off your art. Or, just chill. www.skippershamtown.com
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; May-31-10 at 11:54 PM.

Open Mic/Stage tonight, tuesday June 8, at 9PM. Bring your ax and jam. Bring your oboe and cello and git down. DSO live at Skipper's, ha ha. You never know who you might have the opportunity to collaborate with. Read your poetry and passages from your favorite book. Last week we had an entire band set up and play - The Carl Henry Band. They were kickin'. Sit back, enjoy a cold one, and just take it all in. See ya'. WWW.SKIPPERSHAMTOWN.COM
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; June-08-10 at 11:47 AM.

Open Mic? Check 1, Check 2...... Faygo Check.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast