Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Shrine Circus, Homeless in Detroit

Another page could be torn from the history book.
    Like the 160-year-old Michigan State Fair, the 103-year-old Shrine Circus may be missing from Detroit this year.
    The event, which is the oldest Shrine circus in the nation, lost its home last year when the financially crippled state closed the fair. From The Detroit News:http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...#ixzz0dzQ5Il0o

Please Help Us Save the Shrine Circus - Sign our Petition by using this link.
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/detroitshrinecircus/

Thank you
    FlybyDon

Chuck_MI Guest

My Grandfather was a Shrine Circus clown who rode around on a Honda 50 minibike down South. I am curious to know if Honda 50's are still used in parades.

Flybydon, I'm all for signing the petition. But, has anyone checked on the availability of any other venues. Joe Louis Arena and Cobo Arena. I think Cobo may be available and the DRCFA seems to function very efficiently. Their number is 313-877-8777. Good luck.