Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Motown Winter Blast 2010

So it's a done deal. Another Winter Blast is on the horizon here in Detroit!! I volunteer every year but this year I haven't heard a peep out of anyone about sign ups and the likes. There is nada on the website either. Buehler? Buehler?

Do you know when it is?

Feb. 12-14. http://www.winterblast.com/index.html

I have already booked a hotel room downtown for Saturday. The Winterblast is fun, I went to one before and am looking forward to this next one.

If you're planning to attend, this year there will be a nominal entry fee, to benefit Matrix Human Services. The entry fee is any of the following:
    • a new or gently used article of clothing
    • a canned food item
    • a book
    • $1 [[will be donated directly to Matrix Human Services)
    Further information about Matrix at www.matrixhumanservices.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    If you're planning to attend, this year there will be a nominal entry fee, to benefit Matrix Human Services. The entry fee is any of the following:
    • a new or gently used article of clothing
    • a canned food item
    • a book
    • $1 [[will be donated directly to Matrix Human Services)
    Further information about Matrix at www.matrixhumanservices.org/
    I didn't know this. I parked in the Compuware garage and walked through the Compuware Building. When we exited there was no one around to collect anything. Other than that the Blast was fun. I had my nephew and his friend and they enjoyed the kids snow hill and they rode the kiddie roller coaster. The warming tent was super warm. The skating rink was packed. It looks like the Blast was successful.

The club skaters also drew a good crowd. I think a good idea for next year would be to beef up the music offerings -- right now the event doesn't really draw a music crowd, but there's no reason why it couldn't. Add that on top of the families and you've got a pretty substantial and unique event.