Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Mauna Loa question

I came across a menu,drink menu and a couple of mugs from the Mauna Loa of Detroit. I was told the mugs are from there,there is a 79c price tag attached but no other marking. I remember a long while back of the thread discussing it and the pic's that people attached, but can't find it.Does anyone have any pic's of the style of mug's they used?

A mug from the Mauna Loa sold recently on ebay.

The listing is still there with two pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110467543897

Surenowinlife, I do not believe the mug you posted is from the Detroit Mauna Loa restaurant. Does it say anything on the bottom of the mug? Every mug I've ever seen or heard of from the Mauna Loa was markerd with "Design By Mauna Loa Detroit" on the bottom. Here is a link to mugs that are in fact Mauna Loa pieces.. http://www.critiki.com/cgi-bin/mugs.cgi?loc_id=218
    Last edited by Chub; January-29-10 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Spelling corrections

Thanks for the links, I think these came from a dept store. I listed my menu's on eBay and I'll list the mugs as unknown!