Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Happy birthday Ernie Harwell

Seeing as how Ernie Harwell is more than just a sports figure here in Detroit, I figured I'd start a thread here [[as opposed to the Sports section of DYes) to wish him a happy 92nd birthday today.

Ernie truly is a legend here in this town and has been one of the most recognizable voices of my youth. A true gentleman and the epitome of class.

Happy birthday, ernie!

Many more happy returns

Happy, happy Ernie!!

The best broadcaster I've ever heard and the nicest man I've ever met.

Thanks for everything, Ernie. Happy Birthday!

Here, here! Happy birthday Ernie!!!!

And I was never even a sports fan - yet his voice on the summer airwaves shall always be one of my indelible childhood memories!

"A man from Sebewaing, Michigan just caught that foul ball"

Happy Birthday our friend!

Thanks, Mr. Harwell, for being you.
    Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday Ernie. You'll always be the voice of Tiger baseball to me.

Unrelated, did you see the video interview with Curtis Granderson who was fulfilling his commitment to a charity event this past weekend?
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/spor...otional-return

Happy Birthday, Ernie!

I was at the Tigers game last September where he talked to the audience. What a heart-felt speech that was.

Happy Birthday to a true gentleman and the voice of summer. God Bless you, Mr. Harwell.

Happy Birthday and God Bless on your Day.

I'm hoping for a miracle & that this time next year & the year after that & so forth, we'll be back here wishing him another happy birthday.

In any event, hope Ernie has even a fraction of the happiness today that I have enjoyed listening to him over the years.