Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Omar Bin Laden Interview

As a teenager in the mountains of Tora Bora, Omar had been his father's chosen successor, the favored son meant to lead Al Qaeda and carry on global jihad. Then, in 2001, a few months before Osama bin Laden was to become the world's most wanted man, Omar abandoned his father's compound in Afghanistan. He left behind almost certain death for this: the world, Les Caves de Boys, life.

Now, as a dancer joins a drunken man in the booth next to us, Omar reflects on his own connection to the strippers onstage. "I have talked to these women before," he says. "I tell them my name. Sometimes they don't believe I am a bin Laden. Sometimes they get mad. They have to dance like this because their country is poor. It was my father who made Russia poor, in the war in Afghanistan. He ruined their economy. He is doing the same thing to America right now."

Omar smiles. It's a knowing and ironic look, the age of terrorism turned into a cosmic joke: Can you believe how fucked up things are?

Past two in the morning, a statuesque dancer emerges for the grand finale. Dressed in a red rhinestone bra and panties, with a black shimmy belt and an ostrich-feather crown, she gyrates her hips as Omar watches, mesmerized.

"Thank God my father doesn't run the world," Omar says, grinning.

more:http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...s_prodigal_son

It was my father who made Russia poor, in the war in Afghanistan. He ruined their economy. He is doing the same thing to America right now."
    Nobody ever thinks about this because they are too busy watching Fox or going to the mall. Osama knew that destroying or fucking with our economy would do far greater damage in the long run than knocking down a few buildings.

Everybody thinks about this, Patrick, except lunatic right wingers who can't turn off their television. It's one of the many good arguments against this stupid fake ass "War on Terror". Those assholes still think Ronald Rayguns won the Cold War.

Our "bankers" are trashing our economy. It's really a ruse, moreso largest cashgrab in the history of the planet and the US people left holding the bag. The economy tanking is just a result of the crime.

Want to end the war? Bring back the draft.

Retroit Guest

If only our country was run by left-wingers, Osama wouldn't be trying to destroy our country and economy.

Oh, yeah, that's right, left-wingers do run our country and Osama [[or his followers) has just taken credit for the Christmas bombing attempt.
    Last edited by Retroit; January-25-10 at 03:34 PM.

Karl is that you? Craigd?

Osama must laugh his ass off at our partisan bickering. Rather than bringing us together, an external threat is just used for more partisan game playing.

they know exactly what they are doing and have for along time...sad thing is som efolks fall for it some don't....

The partisan bickering is even worse among Islamic Extremists, having one or two common enemies helps unite them...

My favorite part of the interview:

""I was still in Afghanistan when Bush was elected," he continues. "My father was so happy. This is the kind of president he needs — one who will attack and spend money and break the country.

"Do you think Obama can win in Afghanistan?"

"Out of what you see," Omar asks, "what do you think?"

Our definition of "win" seems to have the sort of image of Lee surrendering to Grant at Appomattox or of the Japanese formally surrendering to MacArthur on the deck of a battleship. We simply will not ever meet our objectives in the total victory sense.

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    Everybody thinks about this, Patrick, except lunatic right wingers who can't turn off their television. It's one of the many good arguments against this stupid fake ass "War on Terror". Those assholes still think Ronald Rayguns won the Cold War.
    last time I checked, fox was only 1 of the 4 major networks on TV,
    the other three being NBC ABC & CBS, all of the three remaining in the tank for the Dems.

Pretty broad statement there, Orf.
    I really don't see any weight to it considering people of all political affiliations watch propaganda & ratings-driven TV news

"Everybody thinks about this, Patrick, except lunatic right wingers who can't turn off their television. It's one of the many good arguments against this stupid fake ass "War on Terror". Those assholes still think Ronald Rayguns won the Cold War."

Thanks for bringing up Ronald Ray-Gun, ORF, isn't he the guy who told us he was cutting government spending while he sent billions of our tax dollars to dictators in Central America and Islamic Fundamentalists-[[like OBL and Hekmatyar) in Afghanistan?

I said television, Papasito. Not Faux. That was your conclusion. But I'm sure you got paid for the post anyway.