Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Gmail users - check your spam

The automated activation email got flagged as Spam, so check there if you haven't received your email yet. Lowell, I wonder if there is a way to reformat the email so it doesn't look so spammy?

I already posted under the "What don't you like" thread, but I thought I'd mention this in case other Gmail users are trying to sign up or activate their accounts.

My activation message was also in Gmail spam. I thought it was odd it hadn't arrived yet, so i checked there.

Mine was also. Private massage notifications were as well. I Imap into GMail from Outlook. I told outlook that anything detroityes.com sends wasn't spam. I don't know if you can do the same thing in the gmail web interface.

This is an increasing issue with machine generated respones. I run into it all the time with sites I deal with.

Not much can be done about it except the 'whitelisting' measures Ndavies describes.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    Mine was also. Private massage notifications were as well. I Imap into GMail from Outlook. I told outlook that anything detroityes.com sends wasn't spam. I don't know if you can do the same thing in the gmail web interface.
    Yes, GMail users can create a filter for white-listing messages.
    The Search Criterion would be
    [[Click "Next")

Then on the Choose Action screen, click the "Never sent it to Spam" checkbox at the very bottom.