Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Restorations in Peterboro-Charlotte Historic Distirct

In contrast to my previous thread, here are a few success stories.

http://fadeddetroit.blogspot.com/201...-district.html

http://fadeddetroit.blogspot.com/201...strict_20.html

http://fadeddetroit.blogspot.com/201...strict_21.html

The house on the right obviously didn't make it.

Unfortunately, I don't have earlier photos of these additional homes.

Attachment 4940

Attachment 4941

Attachment 4942
    There was no saving this one.

Outstanding!!! Now - if that can just be duplicated a few more thousand times across the city.....

I love seeing those old homes restored - even updated. Livable and saved - that's a beautiful thing!!

Too positive -this post will be ignored my the majority of posters here.

Bearinabox Guest

Amazing. For all the time I've spent within a stone's throw of those blocks, I had no idea there were that many intact old houses along there. I guess I need to pay closer attention.

I like success.

Always great to see some success stories! That first house especially looked a bit rough at the beginning

very glad to see those places saved. i had never seen the area until it was mentioned here a couple of years back. certainly one of my favorite areas of the city.

But when will the Scott Mansion be restored?

Good stuff as always! Not too long ago I photographed the structures in and around the Peterboro-Charlotte HD.

L_P thank you, those pics are great to see. I'm sure there is a big story behind every house.

This is why this forum now sucks.

If someone bitches about the city there are 1000 responses but this positive post lies dead.

typical of this whole region which is why we will never improve [[regionally)

I Love seeing these Old and still beautiful mansions being restored!

This is great news... Nice shots. I am trying to figure out just were this is? Is that that cobblestone stretch off 3rd? What are the cross streets? If only there could be more of this going on and less boarding up of abandoned homes..........

Joel Landy has done a remarkable job in that whole are. It's between Woodward and 3rd.

Stromberg2