This in from today's email bag... attention writers, actors, dancers...

Dear Mr. Lowell Boileau,

On behalf of Michelle Perron, Director of Kresge Arts in Detroit, I would like to ask for your assistance in promoting the Kresge Artist Fellowships to metro Detroit-based artists. Currently, we are accepting applications in the Performing and Literary Arts. In June ofthis year, 18 metro Detroit artists will be selected to receive a $25,000 award to further their careers in whatever way they see fit. In total, this amounts to $450,000 awarded to local artists each year, no strings attached.

It would be great if the Kresge Artist Fellowships and our upcoming Application Deadline, Friday, February 26, 2010, could be announced on your blog this week. With the deadline approaching in just over 1 month, we want to ensure that as many local artists as possible learn of this unprecedented opportunity. We truly believe that your personal voice will have the greatest effect in spreading awareness of this program to eligible artists within our community. For your consideration, I have attached the fellowships press release to this email.

Attachment 4939

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns that you may have.

Best wishes,

Mira Burack

Mira Burack
Assistant Director, Kresge Arts in Detroit
Artist Fellowships + Eminent Artist Award
College for Creative Studies
201 E. Kirby
Detroit, Michigan 48202
313.664.7939 phone
313.664.7881 fax
mburack@collegeforcreativestudies.edu
www.kresgeartsindetroit.org