Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

lilpup Guest

Default Live Streaming Now - Second Mayoral Debate

on WXYZ.com - Bing and Cockrel redux

lilpup Guest

guess y'all were at lunch...

Any thoughts about the debate? I missed it.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...+second+debate

Video snippets on the right at the link I just posted.

This is my opinion just based off snippets: I am increasingly impressed by Cockrel. Bing also made some good points, but not enough to sway me to his side. I hope Cockrel wins in May because I'd like so see what he does with the rest of Kilpatrick's term. I would also like to see the fire kept close to Cockrel so he doesn't get comfortable thinking this is going to be a life long position. If he thinks he has until November to convince Detroiters he deserves 4 years in office, maybe he will do what it takes. If not, we need to send a message to him and all other politicians - produce or get the hell on!

Cockrel said he doesn't believe that the City of Detroit is in a financial crisis. He also said that the relationship between between he and the city council is made up by the media [[ I guess it's the media going to court, not the mayor and city council). I don't know, he says a lot of things that Kwame Kilpatrick used to say, the only difference is he's not as smooth as Kwame was.

I am completely unimpressed with either candidate.