Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pic of protesters.

Attachment 624

Pam, I came across a newscast video of the costumed people being interviewed at this Madison WI tea party gathering of 5,000.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/1918...08000104152009
    [[link to video)

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Pam, I came across a newscast video of the costumed people being interviewed at this Madison WI tea party gathering of 5,000.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/1918...08000104152009
    [[link to video)
    that crowd looks WAY smaller than 5000 people

The first pic was from D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    that crowd looks WAY smaller than 5000 people
    Kind of how Detroit has claimed that "a million" people show up downtown for Red Wings Stanley Cup parades.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    The first pic was from D.C.
    re- http://www.channel3000.com/news/1918...08000104152009

Pam, I'll take your word for it. Your pic has white hats, more upscale costumes and more professional signs than the Madison protesters shown at 1:30sec. What a coincidence that counter -protesters came up with the same kind of hats to protest in in two distant parts of the country.

Rb, This video makes reference to a couple of hundred people being present. Maybe you could agree and be happier citing that reference. To me, this looks larger than my high school gym which filled with 3,000.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpgz8...eature=related

The following is a forum link in which people report what happened in their town or at the tea party they went to. Rb, cut all crowd estimates in half, If the numbers are still too large, ignore them and pretend that everyone likes sticking our grandchildren with our bills.
    http://www.dailypaul.com/node/89686

re- http://www.channel3000.com/news/1918...08000104152009

If the numbers are still too large, ignore them and pretend that everyone likes sticking our grandchildren with our bills.
    http://www.dailypaul.com/node/89686

And if the budget deficit skyrockets over 8 years, pretend that George W. Bush never squandered a surplus in order to hand vast sums of money to the wealthiest 5% of the nation.

What was that about sticking our grandchildren with the bills?

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    And if the budget deficit skyrockets over 8 years, pretend that George W. Bush never squandered a surplus in order to hand vast sums of money to the wealthiest 5% of the nation.

What was that about sticking our grandchildren with the bills?

President Obama is doing a good job of expanding Bush's economic programs. Since Bush began his bailouts, Congress has run up the national debt from $9T to over $11T. President Obama's projected budget will increase this number by over $1T/year for the next four years. Without inflation, this is a near impossible number to pay down. Just the interest on this amount is enormous. Do the math. There are only 140M taxpayers to pay down the $11T and counting. That puts it into the laps of our children and grandchildren.

What a coincidence that counter -protesters came up with the same kind of hats to protest in in two distant parts of the country.

I think they are all members of "Billionaires for Bush".

President Obama is doing a good job of expanding Bush's economic programs.
    Bush had economic programs? Who knew?

President Obama's projected budget will increase this number by over $1T/year for the next four years.
    This is flat-out inaccurate. What's your source?

Without inflation, this is a near impossible number to pay down. Just the interest on this amount is enormous. Do the math.
    The Department of Labor reported yesterday that the Consumer Price Index actually DROPPED 0.4% from a year ago. This is the first drop in the CPI since 1955.

There are only 140M taxpayers to pay down the $11T and counting. That puts it into the laps of our children and grandchildren.
    Maybe we should of thought about that before we started throwing piles of money into the streets of Palm Beach, New Canaan, Bel Air, and the Hamptons.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    This is flat-out inaccurate. What's your source?
    My source is the Congressional Budget Office. The scarey guy picture is appropriate given the situation this puts the next couple of generations in.

"CBO: Obama's budget would double deficit over decade"
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/poli...ry/960387.html

Don't forget that Senator Obama left the campaign trail to lobby black caucus members to vote for President Bush's Wall Street bailout to help out those some of those rick folks in th Hamptons you mentioned.

My apologies. You were referring to the debt. For some reason, I read "deficit".

According to the White House, their budget projections actually have the deficit cut in half in the next four years. I haven't made a direct comparison of the projections, so I don't know where the discrepancy lies.

I think I remember a certain Mr. Richard Cheney saying something to the effect of "Reagan proved that deficits don't matter [[2001)". Why the about-face from the right?

All of a sudden, everyone is concerned about the national debt just because we have a Democratic president. These are the same people who wouldn't go to college if they had to take out loans because, God forbid, such an investment in one's self would require you to take on debt.

The right-wing argument is a myopic setting of priorities. You can't pay off debt if the economy is shrinking, just like a person can't pay off credit cards if his income is decreasing. How does one propose to pay off any debt if we allow the entire economy to collapse?

I often get debt and deficit mixed up too. I argued against many of Bush's policies. Republicans may have to spend some years wandering about in the wilderness until they can flush the neo-cons and get back to a message of small government and practice it for a change.
    Last edited by oladub; April-16-09 at 08:40 PM. Reason: too many toos

ccbatson Guest

Bravo Oladub...the first person [[here) to correctly identify what neocons are...statists...not as bad as the liberals, but not what we need to right this ship either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2