Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mista Alan Guest

Default Best Place For Perch?

Haven't ever been able to find a good place for fresh perch [[outside of Northern Michigan). Anyone know of any places in SE Mich?

Ya know, it's funny. I can't even taste the difference in most common fish.

Weyands Fishery on Biddle Avenue [[Jefferson Avenue) in Wyandotte. Carry out only.

Sindbads or Mr. Pauls.

Waves. , in St.Clair Shores. All you can eat. 3 or 4 days of the week. I know Tues and Thurs for sure. Delicious!

Pat O'Briens in St Clair Shores. Mmmmmmmmmmm!

Mr. Pauls.Don't forget the Cesar salad.

I will second SCS-Scooter choice of Pat O'Briens. I am attaching their link http://www.patobriensbar.com for your convenience. Don't forget to try their O'Briens Red w/ your meal.
    Last edited by whitehorse; January-17-10 at 10:06 PM. Reason: bad link

Was once told by a bartender at Tom's Oyster Bar, which has decent perch, that most of it comes from Lake Winnipeg now because the Great Lakes were overfished.

Buy American Guest

If Asian Carp get into the Great Lakes there won't be any fish worth eating from any of of them.

I have always heard the Ivanhoe Cafe has awesome perch. http://ivanhoecafe-pyc.com/

I personally think Chick's on W. Warren in Detroit has very good perch. Maybe just Friday nights though. It's a great dive with decent food.

Mr. Paul's, hands down

When you're at the Ivanhoe, you will always see our security people around watching both you and your vehicle for a completely safe and worry free visit.

Duffys in Amerstberg Canada is great, Where is Mr. Pauls ?

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    If Asian Carp get into the Great Lakes there won't be any fish worth eating from any of of them.
    Sorry to say, but it now appears that it is when, not if.

In the past, I liked Ivanhoe and O'Briens. The best way to eat perch is to catch it in cold water, then immediately clean and fry it. Haven't done this in years, though!

I like the Clawson Steakhouse, in Clawson.

Rattlesnake Club and Steve and Rocky's in Novi is the best I've had.

I third Pat O'Brien's. I also had an excellent perch dinner at the Caucus Club.

Mr. Paul's is on Groesbeck near 12 Mile in Roseville.

Not in Detroit but Omalley's Galley up in Fenton has great Perch and other fresh fish as well including Walleye.

i second ivanhoe's in hamtramck. the polish yacht club!

Ivanhoe Cafe is in Detroit on Joseph Campau.

LodgeDodger Guest

For the Oakland County folks, Highland House on M-59 in Highland serves perch during Lent. The best!

Sibley Gardens on Jefferson in Trenton

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast