Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Showing a little love to our red headed rivertown

So there is a bar Called Andrew's on The Corner on Jos. Campau. You might have heard of it..been around 90 yrs or so. Was talking with the night bartender Nice Guy Mike the other day. He was saying how bad biz has been [[shocking I know.) So I have decided to have a little shindig down there next thurs the 21st as a mini stimulus thingy for the bar. I will be in from NYC for a few days and want to help my friends out. Please show some support and come down for a night. The drinks are cheap and stiff, parking is free and no goofball hipsters to get in the way of a cheap stiff drink. As a bonus, there are free shuttles, which you can have a beer on the way to, to and from NAIAS if that fits in the plan. If you wanna go for dinner, Lucille and Derek do not f-around in the kitchen. Good Stuff. Plase support the only standing bar left from the "Golden Age" in the most underappriciated, most under utilized, war torn area of our downtown. Plus, You might get a chance to see Meg White! [[ Just DO NOT talk music with her. lol.) Thanks!

http://www.andrewsonthecorner.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lostinyokers View Post
    The drinks are cheap and stiff, parking is free and no goofball hipsters to get in the way of a cheap stiff drink.
    I'm offended. I'm a goofball hipster, and Andrew's is MY bar.

If Andrew's is your bar, being called a goofball hipster is probably the nicest thing Mikey has ever said to you! lol. Be there thursday! Introduce yourself. I will be at the Jimmy Schmitt/ Farouk/Healy spot behind the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinyokers View Post
    So there is a bar Called Andrew's on The Corner on Jos. Campau. You might have heard of it..been around 90 yrs or so. Ignore this thread. Was posted on a goof.

http://www.andrewsonthecorner.com/

Read above. ignore.

What time do you recommend to increase my chances of seeing Meg White?

Also, I tried visiting the web site but Google says is may host malware.

not sure if this is in fact something to ignore. if someone who has web page editing experience decides to attend why not offer some of your skills. the events listed on the website are from 2008! i can't make it on the 21st...here's hoping to a thriving rivertown.

Quote Originally Posted by michigansheik View Post
    not sure if this is in fact something to ignore. if someone who has web page editing experience decides to attend why not offer some of your skills. the events listed on the website are from 2008! i can't make it on the 21st...here's hoping to a thriving rivertown.
    I'm a web developer, so I'll talk with them about removing the malware warning.