Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I have had good service from TP, But it has been awhile since I bought tools from them. No time for bodywork. Just other things.Good Luck Dan

Quote Originally Posted by MoparDan View Post
    Was able to check out some of the pics last night. It both inspired & disappointed me...I'm sure you know what I mean.
    I liked the window sticker on that '70 Cuda...four grand was still a lot to pay for a car back then. But you got some serious HP & torque in a wicked body. That car today is worth a small fortune.
    Trust me, I know what you mean...though DEPRESSED would better summarize how I've felt going for these past 8 years or so. Aside from a year or two when it looked as though I MIGHT be getting my Challenger [[at the time) back on the road, it's been a disappointing year after year as my cars sat collecting dust. This year was different, as my engine was already heading down the road for rebuilding, parts have collected in the basement, and a somewhat realistic timeline is in place to get my Camaro running by summer.....or at least by late summer. Ok, ok, before the snow falls, it'll be running! LOL

Yes, depressed, not disappointed is a much better description.
    Now that my reserve days are over, I'm going to take full advantage of that extra weekend. This Saturday will be spent trying to scrap out the remaining insulation/glue on the floorpans & hopefully treat the metal. I may resort to aircraft stripper to cut right to the chase. Make science work for me for once dammit!
    We're having beautiful weather down here at the moment so you can bet Sunday the wife will have me in the yard taking care of business there.
    But yeah, too many interruptions or situations which lead to disappointment where progress is concerned. Not to mention that little commodity known as money.
    A co-worker told me if I could repaint her work truck, she'd let me use their RV garage to set up a homemade paint booth to do that plus the Charger. So, I definitely better get signed up for this class in the fall!

1969 Chevy Caprice, 427/335HP, TH400

Fast, nice Chevy. Back in Jr High, I had a buddy that had a 71 Impala. At 14 anyone who had a car was cool. Ran into him at old car fest last year, He has a shop in the area. Can say I am proud he lived his dream. These post give me hope that all work on cars is keepin them runnin.

That is one sweet ride! It's not too often you see a 2-dr Caprice of any year. I love those hidden headlights.
    Talked to my best friend over the weekend; in HS he owned a '70 'Cuda 440 but sold it in '81 for $1200 when he couldn't get any takers at $2000. How the times have changed! We recalled how people were dumping their muscle cars for pennies during the '73 & '79 oil "crises". As freshman we hung out with a few seniors who had some serious vehicles. No idea where they're at these days.
    Called the people at TP Tools after my catalog came in. The turbine unit with two guns is $50 off, plus free shipping. The offer is good until the end of the month, so I plan to order it within the next week.

LDoolan Guest

Just ran across this thread and thought I'd post a couple photos of my projects...

My '31 Ford truck- did a full restoration on this one about 15 yrs ago and just drive it more than I show it..

My 'everyday' car.. '56 Ford- I went thru the mechanicals and haven't given much thought to body & paint work... yet.

Also working on a 1921 Model T ford[[building from parts), '31 Ford Roadster[[basket case), and a '61 Corvette[[former drag car) when time & money permits.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersport View Post
    I also was lucky enough to marry a Mopar girl, which she has stated flat out that she wants an early 60's Mopar to drive. That is gonna cost some serious coin, and will likely be some years away, but I have absolutely no objections to building an early 60's Mopar...would you?
    You should go with a '62 Plymouth Fury, built up as a 413 Max Wedge clone:

Another one added to my fleet....1968 ltd country squire wagon.Its a "Q" code car with a factory 428,rebuilt to cobra jet spec.

LDoolan Guest

davemarc,

I'd like to see some pics of that '55 Ford next your wagon.

That wagon looks pretty solid!

I'll go out and get some pics,Its a pretty solid 55 post car,390 fe motor,C6,posi on old americans.The wagon is a california car so its rock solid.

Here is mine:

Attachment 6090

Ha...Thats not yours!It should be as much work as you put into her.I'll have the wagon downtown tomorrow.

Question to all my fellow gearheads: For carbureted engines what type of spark plug do you prefer? Do you pay extra for the gimmicky platinum or splitfire type plugs and notice a postive result or do you stick with the OEM type and change out more frequently i.e yearly?

Toolbox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    Question to all my fellow gearheads: For carbureted engines what type of spark plug do you prefer? Do you pay extra for the gimmicky platinum or splitfire type plugs and notice a postive result or do you stick with the OEM type and change out more frequently i.e yearly?

NGK or Denso standard plugs have been working the best for me lately.
    Last edited by Toolbox; May-19-10 at 01:56 PM.

Hey A100 driver,where you in Mt.Clemens on wed?As for plugs,Every race team I've worked for used standard plugs,no splitfires.I run plain old plugs in all my cars,new and old,

LDoolan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    I just run plain Autolites in my 50s Fords and OEM plugs in my earlier cars.

I just upgraded my exhaust from 2 1/2 to 3 inch to prevent excessive back pressure when I am into boost. I decided to add some electronic cut outs to it, and also connect them to a hobbs sitch to open any time it is over 10 PSI of boost.

Hey A100 driver,where you in Mt.Clemens on wed?
    Yes Davemarc I was. As a matter of fact, I should be there tomorrow too. Were you there? What are you drivin'? I'll have my wife and two kids in tow also. As for plugs, what was recommended as stock is what I use for everything, and never have a problem. I'm NOT a fan of AC/Delco plugs though. BUT, I have no GM cars so my theory in the sentence above still holds true.

Again, Davemarc, I think I talked to you. I had my wife and kids in tow, AND I talked to you about that wagon. We kidded around about riding in the back seat, and how our wives would NEVER allow us to let the kids ride in the back seat. Was that you?

Yep,That was me..My wagon was the 9 pass blue 68 country squire,my buddys 63 ranch wagon was next to it.I should be there tomorrow,I might bring the bike tho....Dave

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4